Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all - I am now the new owner of gorgeous S4 Spider. What a car... I drove it down from Scotland over the weekend and it ran a treat - which is just as well since I had my g/f with me. Never driven one before....brilliant... can't wait to get it out there in the sunshine. However, the brake lights failed on the M6 (do I see you all smiling) So, before I go rushing off to the garage, can anyone give me any pointers? It's quite possibly something fairly simple. Also, I'm looking for a bit of dash that's cracked, you know the bit just above the radio where the air vents are? I've looked on the usual parts web pages and can't seem to find the replacement I would like!

Ernie

·
Registered
566 Posts
Assuming you have checked fuses and bulbs, Its probably the switch at the brake pedal. Check that its making proper contact when you depress the brake pedal. If it is check the switch with a meter, you may be able to fix it but best buy a new one. Re dash air vent panel. Give Richard a ring at Classic Alfa. I believe he may have a second hand one.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Renone, thanks for a speedy retort! Yes, checked bulbs and fuses - no issues there! Not checked switch at brake yet, and would not have thought of that either - but it's my next jobbie. Will give Richard a ring at Classic Alfa and let you know how I get on..... Ohhh I'm such a happy chappy...

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hi Ernie
check that switch under the brake pedal, did stick on once or twice when noticed light on when exiting garage, but never failed on me . Glad to here enjoying the alfa experience. Look after her.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Riccardo - Im assuming those comments are from you. Yes, am having fun trying to locate one or two new cosmetic parts. I bought some new headlight securing rings the other day - you know the ones on the car were a bit rusty. I'll take good care of her. The more I own her, the more I love her. Hope you're well up there in sunny Scotland.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts