Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,

I'm planning to paint my rear brake callipers. Is it possible to remove the callipers without messing with the hand brake? I just want to take the callipers of the rotors, I don't need to disconnect the hand brake cable (or the brake hose). Would this affect the hand brake or can I just put the calliper back the way is was if I don’t touch the cable or the pads? As far as I understand it is difficult to get the hand brake properly adjusted and if possible I would like to avoid that problem.....

Regards

·
Registered
329 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Just to let u guys know Ichanged my brake pads front and back and painted my callipers u got two screws holding the back and I removed everything and changed the oil now with the back once when u remove it the piston is not push in as front its screw in take a pliers or similar and screw in the piston all the way in then just place brake pads and put it back the way u took it off and front u have to push the cylinder in hope it helps its easy I'm not a mechanic but If I can do It evrebody can if u need more information let me know

1 - 4 of 4 Posts