Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to do my rear discs and pads today and I've read up how to do it etc. From what I've read the calliper bolts should be 7mm Allen bolts but I think mine a 13mm normal bolts. Has anyone got a picture/diagram of the calliper? I can't see any Allen bolts on the calliper I'm pretty sure I've got the right bolts but just want to check.

Thanks

·
Registered
6,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies. The spinning is the problem that's why I thought I had it wrong. 19mm spanner too small but a 20mm too big.

·
Registered
30,200 Posts
It is just a tight fit with the spanner.

The 7mm Allen key is for the front callipers.

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
It is just a tight fit with the spanner.

The 7mm Allen key is for the front callipers.
Yes - as you say - think that is where messages got crossed... 7mm for fronts...

Back to the rears... By the time the 17mm start spinning, then some water pump pliers might fit, not a lot of holding power is needed (esp if you add a smidgen of WD40 (just don't spray on disc)) :cool: worked for me...

KNIPEX - The Pliers Company. - The Water Pump Pliers

·
Registered
518 Posts
I found the 13mm bolt utterly seized on mine and needed a squirt of plusgas to help, plus lots of wiggling the 17mm nut, which wasn't quite so locked in place. Still ended up rounding off one of the 13mm bolts during my attempts to work it loose. Thankfully new Mintex pads came with new bolts!

7mm allen key definitely only on the front calipers.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts