Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello people, attempted to change the pads in the back of my 156 sportwagon yesturday and got as far as pushingh the piston in to make room for the new pads. but i couldnt move it:(

I tried pushing it straight in using extention bars and bits as levers, it didnt budge. so i tried the same with the bleed nipple loosened, still it didnt budge.

tried turning the pistonclockwise thinking it may screw in, no movement :( and still no movement doing that with the nipple open :(

Anyone have any ideas why i cant budge it ??? i have access to a hydraulic spreader that would seriously push the pistons but was worried about breaking something. Figure it should of been straight forward.

Any help much appreciated :)

·
Registered
42,287 Posts
They have a threaded system that needs the correct tool to engage with the slots. Puts forceful pressure on the piston, as it twists against the threads.:):

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ooooh, i see. Yea i see. Guess this tool wont be available at halfords ? any ideas where i could get one? or the best way for me to do this?

·
Registered
42,287 Posts
Halfords do one I think, with a couple of pegs that engage the slots. Never used that version, as I had one I had made for my Lancia years back, and it fitted the Alfa's rears, same callipers?:):

1 - 5 of 5 Posts