Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a week old Veloce in red and wondered what people thought about boot spoilers. Should I fit one or not? Also, if fitted will it effect the boot opening freely, if not how can you adjust the springs?

If do go ahead, what's is the best value spoiler to go for and any links, images to these with your experience would be very much welcome, particularly if you had any images of red Veloce with black trims.

I would really appreciate your help guys. Anyone in Gloucester area have one fitted, which I could take a look at to see the quality, fitment etc.

Cheers
Andy

·
Registered
821 Posts
I wouldn't be without mine and it suits the car very well.

Cost me £190 from the guys below, was delivered incredibly quickly and looked perfect straight out of the box with no seams or faults. Unfortunately this summers high temperatures may have taken their toll and their is some slight rippling on a small section of the surface but is not overly noticeable.

Fitting was very simple, as long as you find the correct video on You Tube to follow (some of the 'film makers' really don't have a clue).

Even though it is incredibly light it does affect the boot opening but a couple of zippy ties on the easy to access spring on the off side does help but it can still be an issue.

Alfisti.com sell a spoiler which comes with stronger springs included but I think they are around £300 and the near side spring looks a little awkward to get to.

https://www.vehiclerevolution.com/alfa-romeo-guilia-carbon-fiber-boot-trunk-rear-wing-spoiler-2016.html

·
Registered
179 Posts

Cost me £190 from the guys below, was delivered incredibly quickly and looked perfect straight out of the box with no seams or faults. Unfortunately this summers high temperatures may have taken their toll and their is some slight rippling on a small section of the surface but is not overly noticeable.

Fitting was very simple, as long as you find the correct video on You Tube to follow (some of the 'film makers' really don't have a clue).

Even though it is incredibly light it does affect the boot opening but a couple of zippy ties on the easy to access spring on the off side does help but it can still be an issue.

Alfisti.com sell a spoiler which comes with stronger springs included but I think they are around £300 and the near side spring looks a little awkward to get to.

https://www.vehiclerevolution.com/alfa-romeo-guilia-carbon-fiber-boot-trunk-rear-wing-spoiler-2016.html
I also got it from Vehicle Revolution on eBay (it was cheaper than on their website). Its great for the price and doesnt look off or fake. But if you compare it to genuine spoiler, there are a few differences. Check images below, edges are much thinner on the original spoiler and the middle part doesnt stick out so much. Buying genuine spoiler for the current price is not worth it imo.

I zip-tied the boot springs (2-3 rotations together) on both sides to fix the opening.

Attachments

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Really appreciate your comments, many thanks. How did you get on with the original 3M tape or did you need to replace with alternative? Is there any positional advice on the spoiler, any links to suitable video?

Thanks again.
Andy

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I also got it from Vehicle Revolution on eBay (it was cheaper than on their website). Its great for the price and doesnt look off or fake. But if you compare it to genuine spoiler, there are a few differences. Check images below, edges are much thinner on the original spoiler and the middle part doesnt stick out so much. Buying genuine spoiler for the current price is not worth it imo.

I zip-tied the boot springs (2-3 rotations together) on both sides to fix the opening.
Looking really good and thanks for your advice, images. I agree £300 does seem a little high for an original. Can I ask how easy is it to access the boot lid springs to assist with boot opening? My mind is nearly made up, cheers.
Andy

·
Registered
179 Posts
As far as i know the original carbon spoiler is around £1000 (it also comes with new boot springs).

Boot lid springs are easy access, specially on the right side where the battery is (5 mins work for both sides).

I also purchased 3M automotive tape because the one that comes with the spoiler doesnt seem to be 3M (it looks similar but no 3M text on it) and i was not sure how good it is.

·
Registered
821 Posts

This video shows the technique of peeling away the backing tape whilst spoiler in place which allows you to position it accurately.

I used the tape supplied and didn't use any sealant just in case I didn't like it and wanted to take it off again. I used the tape supplied and it has now been on five months and is still firmly attached.

Might re-attach it next summer with sealant and new tape just for re-assurance.

Just make sure the boot lid is dry and warm when and if you fit one.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I went for the original AR none carbon spoiler
Comes with a template, 3m tape with glass glue and came with new springs that work better than my old ones
Colour match is spot on, I thing the carbon would have been lost on a black car really pleased with the results. Didn’t want to risk the cheap Chinese copies due sone horror stories and incorrect size

Attachments

·
Registered
430 Posts
I have a week old Veloce in red and wondered what people thought about boot spoilers. Should I fit one or not? Also, if fitted will it effect the boot opening freely, if not how can you adjust the springs?

If do go ahead, what's is the best value spoiler to go for and any links, images to these with your experience would be very much welcome, particularly if you had any images of red Veloce with black trims.

I would really appreciate your help guys. Anyone in Gloucester area have one fitted, which I could take a look at to see the quality, fitment etc.

Cheers
Andy
Andy- congrats on correct choice of car in the correct colour.

·
Registered
943 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
63 Posts

I agree with this - I got mine from the same place and am very happy with it. I used the supplied tape and added a little extra. Fit is very good and it is certainly fixed very firmly.

I only zip tied one of the springs and the boot opening is fine.

·
Registered
821 Posts
I agree with this - I got mine from the same place and am very happy with it. I used the supplied tape and added a little extra. Fit is very good and it is certainly fixed very firmly.

I only zip tied one of the springs and the boot opening is fine.
Agree zip tying one spring works ok. Also agree CF on black doesn't really show up but it looks great on Misano Blue and Alfa Red.

·
Registered
103 Posts
How much was the non-carbon one?

Edit: Curious to hear what were the horror stories?
The copies seem to be a slightly larger template with a larger lip
I ve seen posts on them being just wrapped in carbon wrap; bad fittment and carbon weave different to the original also some have warped with the heat
I wanted to go genuine AR but the 1000 for a carbon one was to much
There will be some decent copies out there you just need to research what your happy with
Red works look better with the carbon as you would get the contrast but it’s all about personal taste

·
Registered
887 Posts
I went for the original AR none carbon spoiler
Comes with a template, 3m tape with glass glue and came with new springs that work better than my old ones
Colour match is spot on, I thing the carbon would have been lost on a black car really pleased with the results. Didn’t want to risk the cheap Chinese copies due sone horror stories and incorrect size
First time ever see silver 19" 5 hole alloys on somebodyelses car than mine - very rare on non-Q versions - everybody goes for dark nowadays (fashion trend?), they are good, but I love mych more my silver:)

Re spoiler, you order it in paint colour of your car, or you have to deal with paintshop yourself after delivery? Or you didn't paint it at all? If latter, then is it glossy or matte?

I was thinking to add rear boot spoiler myself, and black accent would be good on top of lid, though rahter non carbon since I do not have elsewhere dark nor carbon accents. I'd say it shoudl be either painted to misano blue or if not be just black.

·
Registered
103 Posts
First time ever see silver 19" 5 hole alloys on somebodyelses car than mine - very rare on non-Q versions - everybody goes for dark nowadays (fashion trend?), they are good, but I love mych more my silver:)

Re spoiler, you order it in paint colour of your car, or you have to deal with paintshop yourself after delivery? Or you didn't paint it at all? If latter, then is it glossy or matte?

I was thinking to add rear boot spoiler myself, and black accent would be good on top of lid, though rahter non carbon since I do not have elsewhere dark nor carbon accents. I'd say it shoudl be either painted to misano blue or if not be just black.
Yes comes unpainted and got my local body shop guru to paint, no issue with paint match he fitted the new springs which work better and fitted the spoiler using 3m tape then sealing with glass glue
I think it looks great, it’s identical in shape to the carbon as genuine Mopar part looks suttle
Agree with you on the silver wheels they just make the car stand out more certainly in black 👌

·
Registered
445 Posts
First time ever see silver 19" 5 hole alloys on somebodyelses car than mine - very rare on non-Q versions - everybody goes for dark nowadays (fashion trend?)
Yes, black wheels are very trendy, very trendy indeed.

Not everyone is a victim of this particular fashion, black wheels almost always look worse than silver in my opinion and on some cars & some colours black wheels make the car look like absolute total and complete shyte (again it's just my opinion).

·
Registered
969 Posts
Yes, black wheels are very trendy, very trendy indeed.

Not everyone is a victim of this particular fashion, black wheels almost always look worse than silver in my opinion and on some cars & some colours black wheels make the car look like absolute total and complete shyte (again it's just my opinion).
Don't you like dark wheels John? You've never mentioned it

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 49 Posts