Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Giulietta 2.0 170 Veloce, 2013
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about changing rear arm bushes in the upper and lower arms for powerflex items as the original bushes are a bit soft after 70,000 miles.

Has anyone changed them and if so, it is easy enough with a drill, torch and a vice or is a press absolutely required to get the new bush shells in?
I know the arms can be sourced complete with new bushes for about the same price but there's nothing wrong with the arms themselves!

Will get trailing arms changed too but will probably get Autolusso to do them.

TIA

Ben

·
Registered
Giulietta 2.0 170 Veloce, 2013
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Nobody had a go at replacing these?

Cheers

·
Registered
3,826 Posts
I have changed all rear bushes on our G.

the big arm to body ones are powerflex I cut old ones out but you need a press to fit the ears on Powerflex.

All the small bushes on the smaller arms I went with PU bushes,used a screw type puller to extract old and press sleeves for new ones in. Didn’t use Powerflex I got some PU from AUTODOC think they were tedgum or something like that. Decent quality to be fair. Rear ended is more planted but is a touch firm now. Don’t forget it will need 4 wheel aligning after

just to add new arms won’t get you new bushes hub side as the bushes are in the hub. Inner ones are in the arms if I recall correctly.

·
Registered
5,241 Posts
I have changed all rear bushes on our G.

the big arm to body ones are powerflex I cut old ones out but you need a press to fit the ears on Powerflex.

All the small bushes on the smaller arms I went with PU bushes,used a screw type puller to extract old and press sleeves for new ones in. Didn’t use Powerflex I got some PU from AUTODOC think they were tedgum or something like that. Decent quality to be fair. Rear ended is more planted but is a touch firm now. Don’t forget it will need 4 wheel aligning after

just to add new arms won’t get you new bushes hub side as the bushes are in the hub. Inner ones are in the arms if I recall correctly.
Got links to the parts?

·
Registered
3,826 Posts
Some screen shots with part numbers, the picture with 2 on is the outer ones in hub,the individual ones are inner top and bottom ones.

just be mindful you could well be stitched extra for customs fees since brexit buying from AUTODOC. Not sure how it works now to be honest

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts