Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all

3 month old mito, question on overall panel fit really.

during a recent visit to my dealer where a couple of (build) corner scuffs on panels were rectified (perfectly), we took the opportunity to look at tolerances on the n/s rear arch-to-bumper joint. surprisingly there were two others with exactly the same shaped defect - a bit of a poor fit, namely the plastic bumper panel being toed-in a bit with respect to the metal arch, to get things right, on the lowest bit (ie vertical) of arch. looked like a run from a dodgy batch, maybe a hole or lug was a bit off and a few were let through qc.

after cleaning last week on a sunny day, i noticed a mild horizontal crease across that region of arch too, about 2" long. no idea if i've caused this or if it's been there all along. the face of the arch isnt quite flat.

ive had no impact, but do have a potentially tight fit into my garage. i padded it out before getting the mito (4" plastic loft insulation draped with soft cotton cloth) and reverse in with care and windows open, listening.

i'd have expected any pressure i could have exerted to not just have caused a localised crease, but have folded nearly half the arch and loosened the bumper, probably cracking paint too, the gauge of steel on mitos doesn't seem on the thin side to me (though we all know the paint is either soft or brittle).

ive nothing to really compare with, nor past alfa experience so am curious to know, has anyone else noticed strange profiles or fits on some mito panels ? or on other alfas ?

·
Registered
961 Posts
Guage of steel for outer panels generally 0.7mm pretty standard across the industry, obviously structural members are significantly thicker.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts