Alfa Romeo Forum banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
I paid about £50 to another forum member for a set of used bars from their 147 GTA a few years ago.

Front bar was in good condition, rear bar needed wirebrushing and painting as it had paint flaking and surface corrosion.
I would expect 20ish plus shipping for rear alone second hand as well, don’t know if that’s too low. Judging by the comments from before in this thread, it seems to be the norm.

·
Registered
4,030 Posts
Thats way too low, look on ebay, a standard ARB is more than that on there let alone a GTA one. £120 for both GTA ones on there.

·
Registered
5 Posts
There are a couple sets of used GTA bars on Ebay for £135, and there are single fronts for £85. Maybe £40-60 depending on condition?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I was under the impression that some GTA roll bars were 17mm and some 16mm but is this not the case? There is conflicting information on this, I've seen some claim that the 156 GTA SWA had 17mm rears, others saying it was all 14mm standard and 16mm for the GTA. Did the GT 3.2 get the 17mm roll bar too?

·
Registered
4,030 Posts
No, ALL GTA bars are 16mm, only the GT 3.2 and some JTD CLoverleaf Q2s had 17mm rear bars.

·
Registered
387 Posts
I suppose prices have gone up from when this thread was created and people were asking for 20 quid for old rear and 40 for fronts.

Does the rear 17mm from GT 3.2 actually fit on a 147 diesel pre-facelift?

·
Registered
4,030 Posts
Yes, it touched the bottom of the boot floor, there was no movement and it didnt do any damage, but I put some spacers under the brackets and used slightly longer bolts to lower it slightly and now its not touching at all.

It will fit any 147, diesel or petrol, facelift or original.

41 - 49 of 49 Posts