Alfa Romeo Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
I purchased the 17mm rear ARB off eBay and fitted it tonight. Took about 25 mins and didn't even need to jack car up or remove wheels! I'm running a standard 22mm up front and this works great together. Back end feels alot more solid without sacrificing comfort. Turn in feels sharper as backend follows rather than floats! Recommended for the price!!

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
I purchased the 17mm rear ARB off eBay and fitted it tonight. Took about 25 mins and didn't even need to jack car up or remove wheels! I'm running a standard 22mm up front and this works great together. Back end feels alot more solid without sacrificing comfort. Turn in feels sharper as backend follows rather than floats! Recommended for the price!!
Sounds like you got luck with the drop-links!

I'm expecting my factory originals to need cutting off!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Sounds like you got luck with the drop-links!

I'm expecting my factory originals to need cutting off!
Yeah swapped them about 8 months ago for the mahle hd ones. Poly hub bushes next on to do listed

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
That's what i did, also did hub bushes and trailing arms. I have since had transverse arms strongflexed (sport) and B12 kit fitted. My old banger drives amazingly now!
I have acquired a full set of Powerflex rear arm bushes for my 156 V6 but have read different opinions on whether they are worth fitting?? I now have a new GTA rear ARB and Meyle HD droplinks to go on - should I get the Powerflex bushes fitted at the same time or not bother??
Any advice welcome. :scratchchin:

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have acquired a full set of Powerflex rear arm bushes for my 156 V6 but have read different opinions on whether they are worth fitting?? I now have a new GTA rear ARB and Meyle HD droplinks to go on - should I get the Powerflex bushes fitted at the same time or not bother??
Any advice welcome. :scratchchin:
absolutely.

·
Registered
4,000 Posts
I've just taken one off my GT that is a GTA 17mm rear ARB. No idea of the value though. Ideas..?
I had mine up for £100 for 3 months, no takers, despite its rarity (only ever appeared on GTs).

So I put it on my Ducati Corse, apparently 156/GT rear ARBs dont fit on 147s cos they "hit the fuel filler neck", only they dont, they do touch the boot floor though, but they dont make any noise and a few washers sorts that out anyway.

·
Registered
4,000 Posts
Even odder is that its the rear thats the most important and you cant buy the Eibach separately, but you can the UltraRacing one.

Still I only had it up for a few months parts for these cars dont sell as fast as they used to, it ll sell eventually.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts