Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I decided to upgrade Anti roll bars while i had subframes off but pocket cant reach to the eibach type so went Gta versions , not sure if 22mm to 23mm will do much but better then nothing the rear should be a lot better upgrade 14mm to 17mm.

But reason for post is that parts uk are doing a sale .

Rear Gta Arb new £54 inc post from £250 so seems a worth while buy since second hand they are mainly about that price.

Not got calipers with me but the size is at least 17mm

Hope it help some

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Alfa-Romeo-156-GTA-GT-3-2-V6-Rear-Anti-Roll-Bar-New-Genuine-60680890/232122618427?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649 :drink:

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
I guess I'll be upgrading then ;)

Good time to stick a set of Meyle droplinks on too!
That's what i did, also did hub bushes and trailing arms. I have since had transverse arms strongflexed (sport) and B12 kit fitted. My old banger drives amazingly now!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
As an update

I was reading a thread and the Arbs are the following sizes , so going by these figures the one i've linked is better then the stock GTA Rear Arb as i measured it today and it is 17mm.

Front
156/147/GT standard 22mm
156 GTA 23mm
147 GTA 23mm
GT 3.2 V6 23mm
Eibach 26mm

Rear
156/147/GT standard 14mm
156 GTA 16mm
147 GTA 16mm
GT 3.2 V6 17mm?
Eibach 18mm
Whiteline standard 18mm
Racing Ultra 19mm
Whiteline HD 20mm

·
Registered
5 Posts
gta arb on gt

iv been running the gta rear arb with powerflex at the back after i powerflexed everything beforehand.

i can safely say its a sudden absolute must upgrade to the gt. highly recommended.

i also spoke to a gt 170 q2 owner who didnt notice much of a difference when he moved from gta arbs(as standard on this model) to eibachs. pound for pound its the reason the front are getting gta arb and powerflex soon

·
Registered
67 Posts
looking at possibly trying this with my GT blackline , how big of a job is this without a decent garage? would you go for powerflex bushes from the getgo or just install with the standard bushes?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have some 147 GTA ARB's going spare if it helps .. Just upgraded mine to eibach

If you still have them then I'm interested. Just come back from thrashing my little 3 dr 147 TS round nurburgring for the Old timers - Alfas galore.

Bought her for £400 from the auctions, brakes and tyres and a good service and she sang lap after lap at 6500 rpm. But it became obvious that before next trip - much better handling is in order and the ARB's are a clear favourite - polybushes and new arms and a set of springs and shocks should do it - and if she's really lucky maybe we'll blow the whole budget and fit a q2.

I've had numerous Alfas over the years, and this handles just like the old alfasuds did - sharp and like they're on rails - even with squeaky, knocking suspension lol. Power is exchanged for cornering and we pushed a couple of renta-car ring bmws through the corners - surprised to see the little silver 147 filling their mirrors after leaving me up the hill - lapped them before the main straight.

Anyway - if you've still got the GTA arbs then let me know how much fir the pair.

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
612 Posts
I wish I had seen this sooner....they are all gone.....
I decided to upgrade Anti roll bars while i had subframes off but pocket cant reach to the eibach type so went Gta versions , not sure if 22mm to 23mm will do much but better then nothing the rear should be a lot better upgrade 14mm to 17mm.

But reason for post is that parts uk are doing a sale .

Rear Gta Arb new £54 inc post from £250 so seems a worth while buy since second hand they are mainly about that price.

Not got calipers with me but the size is at least 17mm

Hope it help some

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Alfa-Romeo-156-GTA-GT-3-2-V6-Rear-Anti-Roll-Bar-New-Genuine-60680890/232122618427?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649 :drink:

·
Registered
5 Posts
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/232122618427?clk_rvr_id=1287048706104&rmvSB=true

yes i got the rear one from partsworld and got the powerflex from alusso

the front arb is a used 147gta with a powerflex kit that i got unused for 20 quid. arb was around 60 i think

·
Registered
8 Posts
Lol - no good being in your garage unless the car is as well and their attached :)

I shall keep searching then :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 40 Posts