Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at poly bushes (strong flex) and for the anti-roll bar it says I have to chose between the 19mm or 21mm.

So I am in Sicily right now so I can't measure it and to be honest I don't have a micrometer so I'm not absolutely certain I could measure it to 3mm accuracy - is there a way to know. It's a 2002 2.0 TS.

Matt

·
Registered
634 Posts
19mm for Twinspark

21mm for V6

·
Premium Member
404 Posts
19mm for Twinspark

21mm for V6
Interesting, my 3.0 is about to have both front and rear anti roll bars changed to
the Alfaholics upgrade. I think as well as design change these are slightly thicker.

Thus would the existing standard ARBs from a 3.0 be of use as an upgrade for
those with a twin spark? No idea if would be same fit or not. May sway me in
trying to bring back older spares if of use to someone. Also I know my existing
rear has poly bushes put on it about a year back.

Don’t think I am planning on a twin spark project in the near term but
who knows.

If anyone thinks of value let me know and I will see if i can bring back.
I will have a fairly full GTV with spares coming back from Penrith to Kent
so cannot promise.

·
Registered
7,670 Posts
Interesting, my 3.0 is about to have both front and rear anti roll bars changed to
the Alfaholics upgrade. I think as well as design change these are slightly thicker.

Thus would the existing standard ARBs from a 3.0 be of use as an upgrade for
those with a twin spark? No idea if would be same fit or not. May sway me in
trying to bring back older spares if of use to someone. Also I know my existing
rear has poly bushes put on it about a year back.

Don’t think I am planning on a twin spark project in the near term but
who knows.

If anyone thinks of value let me know and I will see if i can bring back.
so cannot promise.
The rear V6 ARB is a direct fit for the TS, but the front ARB won't - it's a different set-up.

·
Registered
634 Posts
V6 front arb is like a spindly piece of wire compared to the TS, and uses a different drop link arrangement.

I think the fiat coupe one works on the front of the TS but not 100%

The rear ARB for the V6 could be used on the TS if a stiffer arb is required though yes.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
V6 front arb is like a spindly piece of wire compared to the TS, and uses a different drop link arrangement.

The rear ARB for the V6 could be used on the TS if a stiffer arb is required though yes.
Why does the V6 have a skinnier front ARB than the Twinspark? Surely a thicker one would be better with the extra weight in the nose of the V6?
Doesn't make any sense to me :scratchchin:

·
Registered
492 Posts
so cannot promise.
Love that your car has gone all the way to Penrith and back from Kent. I visited autolusso north a year ago and couldn't believe how unassuming and tucked away it was, yet gets business from all over the country. it doesn't even have a sign and people in the little village didn't even know it existed when asked for directions!

·
Registered
7,670 Posts

Fiat Coupe front ARB is a direct fit to the TS, and is an upgrade at 23mm from 22mm.

A number of forum members have done this upgrade with good results.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Why does the V6 have a skinnier front ARB than the Twinspark? Surely a thicker one would be better with the extra weight in the nose of the V6?
This is one of the issues the Alfaholics ARB kit attempts to resolve.

Stiffer rear roll bar, generally means better turn in up front. A Must with the extra weight of the Busso.
Also probably a trade off as Alfa really were flirting with the idea the GTV was a proper Grand tourer.
If they'd gone with replicating the balance of the TS (which is what the Alfaholics ARBs seems to achieve)
the handling would be heading towards the sports car territory again and would need the pilot to be more aware of the rear end.. as it can break traction and chase you around greasy roundabouts.

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
It's an Alfa... it doesn't need to make sense :hehe:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts