Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to change my rear anti roll bar bushes today on my 147.
After loosening the 2 bolts i expected the bracket to split apart but it didnt. Even disconnected the drop link to see if it would slide over the end but no chance

Is there a written procedure for this?
So far i cannot find one.

Cheers

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
I don't know about the 147 but I've changed many anti roll bar bushes.

The bracket lifts off after taking out the bolts, it may be well stuck due to age to the bush. It will need a bit of persuasion with a large pry bar.

It's the bush that should split, again age makes it a bugger to get off the roll bar.

Good luck:thumbup:

·
Registered
391 Posts
I don't know about the 147 but I've changed many anti roll bar bushes.

The bracket lifts off after taking out the bolts, it may be well stuck due to age to the bush. It will need a bit of persuasion with a large pry bar.

It's the bush that should split, again age makes it a bugger to get off the roll bar.

Good luck:thumbup:
I changed ours yesterday for an Eibach bar and found you need to drill out the bottom side of the brackets where they are joined, its a very odd system.

Allan

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks both
just found a video on you tube that shows the guy splitting the bracket by drilling through the hole. Just couldn't split it yesterday when i tried .
Will drill on my next attempt.
Thanks Stef

·
Registered
148 Posts
I changed ours yesterday for an Eibach bar and found you need to drill out the bottom side of the brackets where they are joined, its a very odd system.
It's not odd when the bushes are not designed to be replaced. Instead you replace the whole anti-rollbar :censored:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts