Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys

So I've replaced my front badge twice now (the first one was faulty) but i'd like to freshen up the badges on the alloys and rear boot badge.

Re the rear boot... i've read on the forums suggestions that its exactly the same process as the front, e.g. thats a hole a little south of centre for you to dig into, but with the boot badge having a function and being moveable i'm concerned about doing any damage, so if anyone can confirm the process and offer any tips I'd be very grateful!

Re the alloy badges, im intending to get my alloys reconditioned soon and it'd be daft not to replace these too... Im wondering if its something I could do myself easily or something I could expect to ask the alloy place to do as a freebie (ill supply the badges) should it require a tire off jobby... Again if youve replaced these before I'd like to hear if you have any advice :)

·
Registered
36,847 Posts
Once the wheels are off you can push the badges out quite easily from the back. They'll be off after a refurb anyway!

·
Registered
436 Posts
hi
just done rear badge.tapped a nail at angle into badge then pulled apart with pliers.try to not whack the sxxx out of it as it does feel delicate.mine is still working and I used hammer and nail/screw.probably a better way of doing it but my tool box is shocking:biglaugh:

·
Registered
436 Posts
I removed wheel centres with wheels on by slipping flathead down side they just popped off no bother:thumbup:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts