Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I'm new on this forum so hello to all of you. I'm the very happy owner of a 147 COLLEZIONE JTDM 8V, 07 plate. I can't believe there is only 500 of these things in the UK!

The car is in pretty mint condition which is fab. So far, it seems really reliable too. I do have one problem. This is a really still clutch. I'm not aware of what a typical 147/Collezione/diesel clutch should feel like as this is the first type of this car I have experienced. All my other vehicle experience indicates that this clutch is really really stiff. Sometimes I have problems finding the gear after a long journey and my left peg is getting pretty tired, when sitting in traffic. Anyone got any ideas on this/cost of getting this changed?

Also, I have a bit of bad luck some yob has keyed the drivers side and passenger door :cry: Luckily its not deep, anyone know of any quick solution for this?

Thanks in advance for anyone who can help me out here.

Kish

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Alexie. All that battery removal stuff sounds complicated though! Am I best trying to get a mechanic to do that? That said, the fear I have is if I take it there, they'll wrongly say I need a new clutch!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts