Alfa Romeo Forum banner

101 - 120 of 120 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,525 Posts
I find that less of a PITA than having to scroll through the classifieds bit and vendor listing before getting to any decent sections

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
Don't panic! Everything will become much clearer once we have "Taken Back Control". See how little control you have. They even change the Forum System without so much as a by your leave. I bet you feel so much better knowing you have absolutely no influence or control over anything beyond boiling the kettle!

Now stop whinging and remember your place! Who says, "You are not a Number?"

·
Super Moderator
44,915 Posts
You can only edit for 24 hours. It's apparently an anti-spam measure, although I think it's mainly a pain in the bum. We asked about changing that, but it's a cros-platform setting so nothing we can do.
If you desperately need something editing after that then just ask a mod and we can make the change for you.

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
You can only edit for 24 hours. It's apparently an anti-spam measure, although I think it's mainly a pain in the bum. We asked about changing that, but it's a cros-platform setting so nothing we can do.
If you desperately need something editing after that then just ask a mod and we can make the change for you.
So much for taking back control. I didn't appreciate we were taking it back for others. First it's was E.U. Commission. Now it's the "Forum Commission".🇪🇺🤣

·
Super Moderator
44,915 Posts
Would you like a sit down mate? Maybe you should have a nice cup of tea. See if it makes the voices go away. ;)

·
Premium Member
45,079 Posts
A week of use later, I actually much prefer the new version. Faster, easier to navigate. One button to get all the new posts, all alerts in the same place. Excellent work.

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
Me too. Just don't tell them "Super Moderators" - Ego's and all that!

However, I think they should earn their titles. We should all ask for our posts to be edited - now! That should keep them busy for a while. It is not particularly subtle - wanting us to flag up posts, so the content of which, can be scrutinized by agents of a Totalitarian State.

And there are pillocks who are afraid of Corbyn, when they can't see what is going on under their noses!

·
Registered
4,550 Posts
Like Pud I find I am navigating in much the same way as before but only quicker.

What I would like to see is a reordering of the forum list. All the vendor sections and classified are virtually moribund yet they are towards the top of the page why can't the Off Topic section etc be listed directly under the Technical?

·
Super Moderator
86,115 Posts
As previously mentioned Staff have already requested layout changes but that cannot be done at the moment due to possible issues to the moved threads & sections. When this issue is resolved there will be changes.

·
Registered
17,039 Posts
Yes. It’s very sluggish on my phone. Glad you mentioned it. Thought it was just me.

·
Registered
44,684 Posts
If they do. I’m finding that the “Following” link keeps 404’ing on me.

I’m sorry to be a grinch but I still HATE the site, loathe having ads posted in threads, especially older ones where I know they weren’t there before.

Yes, the ads in the threads themselves is what is p*****g me off most at the moment. There are parts of the new site that I like but the ads are just infuriating!

101 - 120 of 120 Posts