11,604 Posts
Surely he cant of 'needed' to take the stuff? :confused:

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
It's odd isn't it, but we often assume that everyone on the tele is loaded and doesn't have the worry of debt......how very wrong it is to assume.
He did have several businesses on the go....maybe a case of too many fingers in too many pies??

Sadly, what can be guaranteed is that someone out there will be happy to make something out of this crime which, if AWT accepts the deal, will likely make him a nice little wedge .

V

·
0 Posts
...a camera had been set up after staff spotted the former I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here! contestant scanning some items but slipping others into bags without paying for them.

It is believed that the TV chef - whose restaurant business has been hit by the recession - dodged some of his shopping costs on five separate occasions in just 16 days.

Oh dear, it really seems that he has hit upon hard times. But WTF, nicking stuff from your former employer - did he not used to do Tesco TV adverts? He should be treated exactly the same as any other shoplifter of course - but I wonder if he will?

V

·
0 Posts
It's odd isn't it, but we often assume that everyone on the tele is loaded and doesn't have the worry of debt......how very wrong it is to assume.
He did have several businesses on the go....maybe a case of too many fingers in too many pies??

Sadly, what can be guaranteed is that someone out there will be happy to make something out of this crime which, if AWT accepts the deal, will likely make him a nice little wedge .
If he plays his cards right (which I'm sure he will) he'll end up on lots of chat shows and get lots of sympathy. he'll probably get more work and sympathy out of this than having been on "I'm a former celebrity get me out of here".

·
Registered
37,647 Posts
It's started already:

Why did the chicken cross the road? Because it was stuffed inside Anthony Worrall Thompson's Jacket.

Following Antony Worrall-Thompson being cautioned for shoplifting, my mate swears he just saw Nigella Lawson running out of Tesco with two large melons under her coat.

Tesco have now got back the ingredients that Anthony Worrall Thompson pinched and decided they won't press charges. They're not going to make a meal of it.

Antony Worrall Thompson stealing cheese? How dairy!

"Morning Sergeant" "Morning Constable""What have you got for me today"" We have Anthony Worrall Thompson in possession of stolen cheese""Right then lets grill him"

I had a great fruit cake at Antony Worrall Thompson's restaurant.It was Stollen.

And my favourite....

Anthony Worrall Thompson caught shoplifting cheese and wine from Tesco.I hear they've also doing him for a salt.

·
Registered
17,658 Posts
I was listening to this news on the wireless..
They had a doctor on who explained not only how common this problem is but
also that it is usually a sign of illness. Unfortunately we (and I'm guilty) tend
to tar this sort of type of criminal activity with an 18" brush.

Most of the people who do it need psychological help... they really are suffering
in the same way as we suffer from physical aches and pains,

Food for thought.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts