Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Does anyone happen to have one of these cables for sale or a shot of for a few days? in the angus or aberdeen area? If not can anyone post a link from where i can buy one from, the laptop doesnt have rs232 support so can only be USB, and the only USB one i can find is ODB2i have seen a few but reading gazzas site it says ODB2 is not the one im after

its for a (2001 - 156, 1.8)

·
Registered
107 Posts
These will all work:-

OBDkey 1.4
ELM 327 v1.3+
Vagcom

The ELM interface won't pick up ABS or Airbags on a 156 1.8 but the other 2 will if you also buy the adaptors. All can be bought from ebay.

I have both the ELM & Vagcom interfaces plus the adaptors.

I work in Dyce so if u just wanted to run a diagnostic over a lunchtime then I could take them into work and u could connect them up to your 156?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
the vagcom one, even tho it says only Full diagnostic tool for Volkswagen, Audi, SEAT and Skoda cars, it should still work with alfa? the one i was looking at was VCDS VAG 10.6 Vag Com 10.6 [E56124] : Electronic Gadgets, Home Gifts & Unusual Novelty Gifts - BestOfferBuy

or this one

http://www.soleobd.com/Vagcom-Com-Kkl-Vag-com-4091-960-2618.html

i have found a serial to usb adapter so shouldnt be a problem connecting the seconds one

cheers for the offer, but i think im just gonna buy my own, gonna be playing about with the arduino next with it lol

1 - 3 of 3 Posts