Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, after much research and extensive reading of this forum, I've pulled the trigger on a Giulietta 1.4TB MultiAir 170bhp Alfa TCT Sportiva Nav. In Alfa Red. All being well, will sign the papers at the weekend and take delivery after Christmas/first week in January.

Will miss my gorgeous, sleek and powerful 159 :cry:, but really looking forward to getting to know the Giuli :).

·
Premium Member
5,408 Posts
I've had a couple of 159s and loved them but the Giulietta is similar in many of the good ways, and better in some of the 159s shortcomings. I'm sure you'll love it!

·
Registered
974 Posts
Well, after much research and extensive reading of this forum, I've pulled the trigger on a Giulietta 1.4TB MultiAir 170bhp Alfa TCT Sportiva Nav. In Alfa Red. All being well, will sign the papers at the weekend and take delivery after Christmas/first week in January.

Will miss my gorgeous, sleek and powerful 159 :cry:, but really looking forward to getting to know the Giuli :).
Nicely done, but you should of gone for the QV 240 :D..

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nicely done, but you should of gone for the QV 240 :D..
Hehe - thanks Shadowamd! I thought long and hard about that then decided I like my licence too much (the 170 is plenty quick - the 240 would be a sure fire point collecter!) :thumbs:

·
Registered
974 Posts
Hehe - thanks Shadowamd! I thought long and hard about that then decided I like my licence too much (the 170 is plenty quick - the 240 would be a sure fire point collecter!) :thumbs:
Power is a rabbit hole you keep chasing anyway, after finding a 417HP car boring in about three months I gave up on that rabbit hole.

Let us know how you get on with it. :thumbs:

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
With you on that. Mind you, I thought I was coming down a big jump in performance but, with the high torque per litre and the light weight of the G, it actually pulls like a train in dynamic. Not that much slower than my FQ330 in most situations thanks to a 330kg weight saving! I thought I'd love the GQV because it was an Alfa, but it's a great car even before taking the badge into consideration. Never found magazine reviews so far from the reality as I have with the QV. Completely smitten with it already!

·
Registered
1,121 Posts

I made the 159 to Giulietta jump about 8 weeks ago. Initial doubts are now long forgotten!

·
Registered
951 Posts

I upgraded from a mito 135 tct to the same model but in magnesio grey. Arrived 30 June. Only took 8 weeks to arrive. You will love it. This model is a good compromise to the qv if you don't have that budget.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I made the 159 to Giulietta jump about 8 weeks ago. Initial doubts are now long forgotten!
I upgraded from a mito 135 tct to the same model but in magnesio grey. Arrived 30 June. Only took 8 weeks to arrive. You will love it. This model is a good compromise to the qv if you don't have that budget.
Cheers guys - making me feel happier about my choice :).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts