Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Re: Ring addict says hi !

Hi Ring. Welcome to the AO forums. I'm sure it'll bring you a little extra briightness every day.

:)

·
Registered
495 Posts

For some reason my introduction text does not show up...
(and the text box (mentioning I should introduce myself) does not go away eventhough I introduced myself)

·
Registered
495 Posts

I'll give it a new try then ;)

Hi,

As the title says, I'm a Ring (Nurburgring Nordschleife) addict. Together with a couple of friends I spend quite some time there.
One of them is also on this forum (147GTA from Tilburg ;) )

My 156 has been adjusted a bit:
- 3.0 24v engine from a GTV (last series)
- Brembo 330mm
- Novitec fully adjustable suspension
- race seats in the front
- open middle pipe (exhaust)
- CSC exhaust (double) at the back
- original GTA rims

The gearbox is from a 2.5 V6 so a bit shorter then from a 3.0, which makes it pull very good. The flywheel is also 2.5 which is a bit lighter then the 3.0 one, so it responds to the pedal very well :)

Plans: Quaife ATB lsd, KAT replacement and Madeno racing modified air system + motormanagement update (around 245 horses)

Looking forward to meet you all on the Nurburgring !

Cheers,
Aernoudt

·
Registered
43,564 Posts

Hello and Welcome !! :)

·
Registered
1,128 Posts

Welcome mate! :cool:

I look forward to seeing your car (and you of course) on THAT track in May. :D

·
Registered
495 Posts

Thanks guys for the warm welcome !
Anybody want to join for a lap on the Ring is welcome ;)

·
Registered
5,179 Posts

Missed your introduction yesterday Aernoudt.

Welcome to AO indeed :)

Some very nice mods to your car.

I'm sure it could do with an LSD allright, but you may want to monitor what our "AO research teams" :)lol:) are getting on with retrofitting the new Alfa Q2 Torsen diff to older cars.
I believe it should fit yours, and its way cheaper than a Quaife diff, plus (potentially) a more sporting setup.

See you in May!
TB

·
Registered
495 Posts

Trailbraker said:
I'm sure it could do with an LSD allright, but you may want to monitor what our "AO research teams" :)lol:) are getting on with retrofitting the new Alfa Q2 Torsen diff to older cars.
I believe it should fit yours, and its way cheaper than a Quaife diff, plus (potentially) a more sporting setup.

See you in May!
TB
Let's meet in May indeed :)

The 'Q2' mod is something I'm working on together with Robert (147GTA) to do that in the Netherlands too. I have not yet found a garage that has actually seen a Q2 car (not in showrooms yet it seems over here).
(the specific thread is on my wtach list ;) )

We have sent the needed parts list to the Alfa garage in Tilburg (a garage Robert knows very well), and we hope to get some feed-back on how much it would cost (including the man-hours that is)

·
Registered
495 Posts

sandys said:
Yup the Q2 car is not yet available in the UK either but I got the parts in 3 days from my local dealer :lol: :cool:
:D That's cool ! How much work was it to build it in, about 6 hours or so ?

·
AO Silver Member, Classic Alfas Lounge Winner 09
1,315 Posts

AB156V6 said:
As the title says, I'm a Ring (Nurburgring Nordschleife) addict. Together with a couple of friends I spend quite some time there.
One of them is also on this forum (147GTA from Tilburg ;) )
Hello again, Aernoudt. :)

We met at the 'Ring in May 2004 when I was on my first trip. You had your 90 then and I was doing the 75Experience! course with a few friends.

Hope to see you at the 'Ring again sometime. (I've become hooked as well and usually make the trip twice a year.) :) :) :)

·
Registered
495 Posts

Hi Bill ! Good to hear from you ! Some time ago ;) How's life ?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts