Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,
I understand the issues with not being able to readily clone the key but is there anybody in Ireland selling new remote central locking fobs for a 2005 Alfa GT? or even reprogramming a second hand one. My current one only works if I press it about 30 times. I have resorted to just locking it with the Key in the barrel. Alfa Ireland want 400 euro to get me a replacement and it programmed into my car. Any ideas? Is there any software I can buy to allow me re-programme a remote??

Cheers again

·
Premium Member
Mito, 159
382 Posts
If you just want to program a remote MultiECUscan or AlfaOBD will program a new or used remote fine as long as you have your cars pin code. As you mentioned the immobiliser is harder to do unless you have a new key ordered by vin for your car. If your after a new remote then send me a PM and I can help with that.
Alternatively there is the option of getting your remote repaired. Chris on the forum can do it for you or find him on Ebay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Alfa-Remote-Fob-Key-Repair-for-156-147-GT-159-Brera-MiTo-/221939221895?hash=item33ac9bc587:m:mGXfj4CTpA9uzhl8VEgOY5w

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's not letting me pm for some reason...I don't have my pin. I presume it's not written in manuals or anything and I have to go to Alfa for it ? Do u programme remotes ??

·
Administrator
87,304 Posts
The PIN code should be on something similar to a credit card, they were supplied with Irish cars but I believe they weren't supplied with UK cars.

PS You need to have 10+ posts before you can send or receive PMs.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
****e, Mine is a uk import :) but, I do think I remember seeing a credit card thing in the books. Ill check it out in morn. Too cold to be going out there :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts