Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So within the next week I will be buying a brilliant 164 LS.

The original paint has some chipping and I'm not thrilled with the original color anyways.

But the paint job on the q4 that year is what I want.

I'm pretty sure it's alfa red on top, but grey on the bottom.

if anyone knows paint codes or anything useful please help.

I have scanned multiple forums and sites with no luck yet and I want to get it just right.

Thanks and I'm excited to finally be an Alfa owner! Cheers.

Braydon
Santa Barbara, California

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
The grey paint code has been discussed at length either on here or on AlfaBB. You may be able to find some older posts. There were two options by the way. The early 164's has a gloss finish and the latter has the matt. The "ROSSO PROTEO/PROTEO MICA" is the colour you want for the rest of the car, or "AR 195/A" but keep in mind that the Q4 painted in that colour had the lower part painted PROTEO too and not in grey. The side skirts and diffusers were all dark grey/black.

Jason

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I love the look of the side skirts and diffusers! Is there anyway to buy them now?

P.S. This is the car I'm buying....

http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg191/braydonrussell/myalfa.jpg

and this is what I'm hoping I can get it to look like!

http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg191/braydonrussell/alfa1.jpg

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
You may be able to buy the Lester kit I believe. Have a chat with Jason at Alfissimo (he's based in Phoenix) as he's pretty much the guy to help you out over on your side of the pond. Tell him I sent you! :)

·
Registered
393 Posts
The colour code should be on a plate in the trunk roof,
When I respray my multicoloured red 96 3lite Auto I shall take advice given by a forum member who says paint paint in a 2 pack solid colour with no laquer top coat.
The fiinish is evcellent and little fade .If there is any it can easilly buffed back to brilliance.
Laquer does not stop fade .it can peel off and you cannot restore fade under it.with rubbing compound .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts