Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello there

wot's this all about? is it an easy thing to get done? is it worth it? does it affect fuel consumption? and do the insurance companies get shirty about it bein done?

(or do u "forget" to mention it to them?)

so many questions i kno....sorry

thanks in advance

·
Banned
7,679 Posts
hello there

wot's this all about? is it an easy thing to get done? is it worth it? does it affect fuel consumption? and do the insurance companies get shirty about it bein done?

(or do u "forget" to mention it to them?)

so many questions i kno....sorry

thanks in advance
OK - typical remap is where the ECU that controls the engine managment is given a different profile of how to run.....

Most people opt for power delivery and increased power...
But you can do things like economy maps....etc

Typically the engine and car can be taken up to 190 without any risk of damage - but you do need to be aware that dumping that kind of power can give you a shorter clutch life....

If you take the car beyond 200 then you are asking for trouble where you will burn out your clutch and could do some permanent damage to your drive train.

I got my map from Red Dot racing located in Watford....they are highly recommended and respected on many forums as well as this....

You also have Angel Tuning which have some positive feedback as well...

Give them a call and explain what you are looking for and ask for the pro's and con's

Chris

·
Registered
364 Posts
I'm going to wait for the Manufacturers Warranty to expire before I re-map just in case anything goes and they are looking for avoidance reasons.
Though I believe the re-map itself is pretty much un-detectable a Main Dealer will note the date an ECU has been reset - which may incurr questions.......

·
Registered
197 Posts
Some main dealers will do it for you. Mangoletsi get it done through Autodelta for £395 and it won't affect warranty. 178bhp

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
what year is your gt....as high pressure pumps and some other things are different.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Superchips DONT AVOID!!!!!!
I have fitted superchips to numerous diesel vehicles Alfas,BMW,Rovers,Peugeot many more, I have never had a problem.
Dont be brainwashed by the smartarse who has just spent 10 grand on a new bundle of remapping hard and software and is trying to convince you to help hom pay for it.
Abrieb chiptuning on EBay look it up
PS: Diesel is what I do for a living

·
Registered
831 Posts
curious about superchips also... is the the actual map they install or is the way they treat people or is it beacuse they're doing stuff mostly for VAGs or... ?

they're quite pricey but except few people here saying "avoid, don't, whatever" I haven't found a single bad reference or an actual story of something going wrong with them.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts