Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a badly damaged dashtop on my '74 GTV. I love the look Alfaholics GTA-R cars with their stitched dashes and would like to get my dashtop recovered in grey Alcantara with white stitching. Anybody know where I could get them done? I'll probably end up getting the console done aswell.............
Thanks
Andy (Gloucester)

·
Registered
2017 Guila 2.0 Tbi Lusso spec, 1972 S2 Spider Junior, wife drives 939 Spider, + Abarth 595
6,139 Posts
Ask Alfaholics?

·
Registered
377 Posts
I have a badly damaged dashtop on my '74 GTV. I love the look Alfaholics GTA-R cars with their stitched dashes and would like to get my dashtop recovered in grey Alcantara with white stitching. Anybody know where I could get them done? I'll probably end up getting the console done aswell.............
Thanks
Andy (Gloucester)
When I was building my GTA Rep a few years ago, I did the rounds on this. The same people that do (or did) the Alfaholics dashes wanted upwards of £800 at the time if I remember right.
Most other people I went to didn't want to touch it.
One that showed interest in Harrogate chnged his mind when I took the dash to him.
In the end I gave up and we fitted one of Bob Wright's (Alfapanels) GRP dashes.
Way, way cheaper, textured like the original, and loads lighter too.

Steve

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did contact Alfaholics and said I wanted to replace my dash with Alcantara and have the earlier type dash from the 1750 with the more upright console - they couldn't help with that though......
At approx £800 I don't think I'll bother.....prefer t ospend that type of money on a handling kit for my car.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I did contact Alfaholics and said I wanted to replace my dash with Alcantara and have the earlier type dash from the 1750 with the more upright console - they couldn't help with that though......
At approx £800 I don't think I'll bother.....prefer t ospend that type of money on a handling kit for my car.
I went through the same situation with mine, I had a quote of £1000. In the end I had it "flocked". I repaired all the cracks first with a flexible filler andwasvery happy with the results 4 years later still looks good. I can post a photo if you are intersted

·
Registered
330 Posts
I went through the same situation with mine, I had a quote of £1000. In the end I had it "flocked". I repaired all the cracks first with a flexible filler andwasvery happy with the results 4 years later still looks good. I can post a photo if you are intersted
yes please! is the filling / repair hard to do?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yup, that will do for me...I like that. My car is the 2000GTV but I prefer the look of the 1750 dash. Are those clocks hard to buy and the smaller clocks difficult to get hold of......fuel and temp gauges?

·
Registered
202 Posts
I have an S4 Spider with a cracked dash, in need of a cheap but aesthetically pleasing repair. I had been looking at filling the cracks and then repainting the dash with a Volico kit.

However, flocking might be easier for the amateur. But does the flocking material attract a lot of dust/dirt? How easy would it be to keep clean in an open top car?

The good news is that the seats and aircon unit need to come out this summer as I'm replacing the floor carpet, so I might be able to remove the dash top and not have to treat it in situ.

Any thoughts, please?

Thanks

Peter

·
Registered
377 Posts
Yup, that will do for me...I like that. My car is the 2000GTV but I prefer the look of the 1750 dash. Are those clocks hard to buy and the smaller clocks difficult to get hold of......fuel and temp gauges?
The clocks are regularly seen on Ebay, some at horrendous prices, some more reasonable.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Alfa-Rom...151088?hash=item1ca8cde8f0:g:YYUAAOSwVRtaYL4g
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Alfa-Rom...886281?hash=item5208f97c49:g:gLwAAOSwLF1X4ABV

I would suggest it should be feasible to get a speedo and tacho for around £100 the pair. I know the seller of the first item, and he's very good, bought lots of bits from him over a period of years and he's never sold me anything that didn't work. He's a very well respected Alfa restorer and long-time racer.

The two smaller instruments are much more prevalent and you should be able to get working units for around £25 each. I have.

Steve

1 - 12 of 12 Posts