Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I seem to get on AO many times when I have been up for a couple of days without sleep. There is no crank involved but it basically happens when my GF is away attending flights on Qantas.

One other thing. I've noticed a couple of snide remarks regarding a certain photo of me where it has suggested I am "dirty".

"That" photo with me and my guitar was a joke. Earlier this year I was basically dared to put up a photo. Stupid hat etc. The photo actually was me after I had ploughed about 5 acres on a tractor on my brother's horse stud and I got back to find my nephew had fiddled with my guitar until the lower "E" string was almost in the same octave as the upper "E" string. Instead of getting washed, I immediately tried to tune my guitar to stop the neck going banana shaped.

I would never be seen in that situation normally... End of story. It was a joke. :D

·
Banned
4,362 Posts
I seem to get on AO many times when I have been up for a couple of days without sleep. There is no crank involved but it basically happens when my GF is away attending flights on Qantas.

One other thing. I've noticed a couple of snide remarks regarding a certain photo of me where it has suggested I am "dirty".

"That" photo with me and my guitar was a joke. Earlier this year I was basically dared to put up a photo. Stupid hat etc. The photo actually was me after I had ploughed about 5 acres on a tractor on my brother's horse stud and I got back to find my nephew had fiddled with my guitar until the lower "E" string was almost in the same octave as the upper "E" string. Instead of getting washed, I immediately tried to tune my guitar to stop the neck going banana shaped.

I would never be seen in that situation normally... End of story. It was a joke. :D

Your point being Vic :confused:

·
Registered
11,604 Posts
Ravings of a paranoid mad man...

·
Registered
26,529 Posts
How do you get dirty ploughing a field ? Did you do it by hand with a shovel ? :confused:

Post pic here, I've not seen it. :D

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
How do you get dirty ploughing a field ? Did you do it by hand with a shovel ? :confused:
Simple. Up until quite recently, Queensland and most of Australia was suffering one of the worst droughts in history due to the El Niño effect. It got so bad that in the cities you weren't allowed to wash your car nor use water on your garden. If you did you were up for a fine.

My brother and his wife were paying a fortune to buy lucerne and feed for her horses on their stud farm and they actually had to pay for their own family's drinking water on their property. Ploughing fields that hadn't seen rain for about five years using an open tractor was rather dusty work and a lesson in futility. That's how you get dirty ploughing.

Well the El Niño effect has now changed to La Niña and there's been floods ever since. One extreme to the other. That's it in a nutshell. :thumbs:

·
Registered
26,529 Posts
:lol: O.k. open tractor makes sense.

Broke the back window on a tractor one summer and the manager wouldn't replace the window as the tractor was being changed at the end of the summer. I got dirty enough with just the one window missing.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts