Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Just wondering if anyone knows what is inside the boot, hollow, door frame. I have recently noticed that when I open the boot, something seems to slide down the frame. Inconsequence, when closing, the same happens and the item returns to the bottom.
I don't know whether there is a first aid kit or possibly something has become dislodged? Also, is there any way in to the frame itself?
Just to clairfy, the item is stuck within the part of the boot that raises, not the boot lining.

Many thanks, in advance, for your help.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I don't have that problem, but I do have a sound that resembles metal hitting the glass, that occurs due to some road irregularity. My brother-in-law, which has one G too, had the same problem and placed a bunch of foam below the plastic part on the top of the window. I tried to remove it, but I was afraid of breaking something. Still, something is wrong there... :(

·
Registered
200 Posts
I am not sure what it looks like it's too cold to pop out and take a look lol but on my Bravo the plastic trim on the boot was held on with clips. It could be a similar thing where one of the clips have broken or come loose holding the trim on and is rattling around inside.

·
Premium Member
5,388 Posts
You really need a trim removal tool to get the trim off. The clips are two part and the 'male' part is easily broken. If one has broken then it's probably part of this that is floating around.

Incidentally if you unclip the rubber boot over the wiring at the hinge end of the tailgate you might just find the offending item there. I managed to push in one of the rubber grommets and retrieved it this way.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Does anyone's giulietta boot rattle when closing it. Sure its just the trim on the boot lid but someone I know with a previous generation focus closed their boot the other day and couldn't help noticing just how solid it sounded conpared to my g :-(

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
I suspect the rattle is a spare clip that got lodged in the boot during manufacture before coming free - which was the case with mine.

It's much quieter without it - plus you gain a spare in case you manage to break one when removing the trim :rotate:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts