Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey again guys,

When setting off I get a fast ish tapping noise coming from the bottom of my footwell it seems..

Its worse when setting off in 1st gear but then you hardly notice it untill you press down on the accelerator then can feel it aswel as hear it slightly.. It also does it even worse when going over a bumpy road..

Its not not noticable when you are cruising...
The car drives fine, its just more of an annoyance than anything when accelerating or going over a bumpy road..

Any ideas chaps?!

This is hopefully (touch wood) one of the last major things thats wrong with the car, I just want the car to be its normal enjoyable self again!! :(

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Have a look under the car and see if the lower wishbone bushes (where the wishbones bolt to the car) are obviously worn or perished. Also look to see if one of the engine mounts is worn or loose. Either of these will cause a rattle over uneven road surfaces.

·
Banned
9,721 Posts
Also look at your exhast heatshields, if one of them is loose it will rattle like madas you hit the bumps,

The lower rear mount (where the engine meets the box) may be worn as Giallo says, but dont forget to check for illeagle immigrants trying to freeload thier way about the country, they may be kick the footwell as the speed humps get to close to them.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
but dont forget to check for illeagle immigrants trying to freeload thier way about the country, they may be kick the footwell as the speed humps get to close to them.
:lol: :cheese:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts