Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i originally thought it was my tools bag in the spare wheel recess as its that exactly sort of noise that it would sound like, However removing everything from the car and using same roads its there exactly as before,

Dont have access to a ramp and its a gale outside so hoping someone frome here can point me in the right area of what things from the rear of the car are likely to be the cause of this anoying noise,

what can be loose that would sound likea metal/metal rattle

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Exhaust.

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no all exhaust rubbers are conected feels solid if you try and move it using pipe there is almost no movement its deffinatly not exhaust sound seems to be coming from either boot ( nothing in boot except carpet )or very rear of car

its a rattle that happens the more ruted the road smooth roads its not there ????

D

·
0 Posts
Heatshield for exhaust maybe. Exhaust might be solid but heatshield could be loose ?

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
just been out to cheack that but its solid no movement and rattled what little movment there was in exhaust and its clear of catching it

does sount like what a loose heatsheald would be though

·
Registered
204 Posts
Had same problem of an intermittent rattle on my GTV and turned out to be the rearmost heat shield.
However, you might also want to check the battery clamp is not loose.

HTH,
PJ

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
it was the bracket that sits over the top of the battery........................ sure its missing something as its currently just able to move freely between the battery itself and the underneath of the rear parcell shelf

thanks everyone

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
There should be a second bit of metal that hooks onto that top bit, this is then bolted to the chassis just in front of the battery.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Quite rare but mine can do this also. Recently had my backbox changed so I dont believe its the exhaust as mine still does it. My mates phase 2 is awful with the same noise, the smallest of bumps will make his rattle. I also thought it was the tools in the spare wheel :( but not that lucky :lol:. I would say sit in the back whilst someone drives but its unlikely there is anybody that small that could fit in the rear of a GTV :lol: man I'm 6ft 4" no chance.

Please if anyone locates this noise please post with the possible answer, thank you.

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
posted picture its clearly missing some other support bracket and that is why the metal top piece is able to travel freely and create the rattle............................. picture is with foam thats cured my problem

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yeah i am missing this................................ has anyone got one please who is reading this and breaking the car ???

thank you .:Ian:.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts