Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Has anyone had any rattling from the rear of the car when going over humps and potholes? It's making a right old racket. it's not the springs or exhaust so I'm a bit lost as to what it is. I've been under the car with a rubber mallet and hit it all.

Also the rear brakes are clicking at slow speeds when they're applied, i used aftermarket oem Brembo pads so it seems they aren't a perfect fit going by a bit of googling I've done.

But any other suggestions will be welcomed.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I had an annoying rattle which ended up being the heat shield that was tucked up above the exhaust, one of the clips had eroded off, just drilled through and riveted it back up. May be that?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Is the backbox and middle pipe all one piece or two joined together with a clamp? Mine was originally all one piece but in the past the backbox was replaced by cutting it off and then the new box is clamped in place. This is a official mod done by dealers as its cheaper then fitting a whole new centre pipe + backbox combo. Anyway, who ever cut mine did it in the wrong place, so the backbox was too close to the rear axle which means its only a few mm away from the underside of the chassis (have a look at the pipe that bends over the rear axle). So when I go over bumps the backbox taps the underside of the car. Arghhh. Got it fixed last week with a new clamp and some trimming down of the pipe so the back box fits correctly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts