Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all!

My 5 year old 147 has developed some extremely annoying rattles lately. There are 2 types of them:
1) The first one appears mostly on rough roads, and sounds like something's wrong with the arms, only the arms have all been changed a month ago and look just fine now. The dealer blames front stabilizer - could it be true?
2) The second one is much more annoying. It developed a few days ago. It first started going from the right front wheel. It clanks once when the momentum changes slightly - changing gears, for instance, or starting to move rather slowly. Strangely - it usually doesn't go off, when I push it harder. Sometimes it also goes off at constant speed (around 60km/h), it then starts flapping (as if it's something with the tires) constantly. After long poking around we've noticed that an engine mount has died on the right side and blamed it.
However, on the way out of the garage (without changing the mount yet) the left side has started flapping on the speed too. The sound seems the same, but when we've looked at the left mount - everything was all right.
Anyone has any idea on what could be wrong there?

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
1) ARB or ARB bushes need replacing

2) engine mount on the opposite side or just tyres need balancing

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks a lot!

The ARB the dealer's already ordered and will probably come here sooner or later, but the mount is difficult to come by here :(

Do you happen to know some online shop that ships over Europe?
Also, do the engine mounts (part numbers) differ between driver's side and passenger's side?
Aand, do you happen to know how does "engine mount" translate into Italian/German? :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yup, I've found them. The only engine mounting they have is
"Engine Mounting - Drivers Side 1.9 JTD".

Would it be the same for 2.0 petrol engine? Also Drivers Side, that being a UK site, is right side indeed, so it should fit to the right side of my car even if it's the passenger's side here, right? (heh, that's a lot of confusion :)) ).

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Try EBSpares, they send abroad.

As for what mount you need, part numbers can be found on ePER.

Try HERE

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi again! Still trying to find the damn engine mounting anywhere around... :)

Could anyone tell me if the mountings on different sides differ from one another or not? I haven't found a single catalogue that would offer 2 different mountings, but most of them have some side (drivers or left...) listed in details...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts