Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
33,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As above. Does the Petrol or the Diesel rattle, or Both?
Does trim level and wheel size affect the issue?
Shall we try to look into this, perhaps.

·
Premium Member
5,367 Posts
None

2.0JTDm Veloce, 18" turbines, 33k , 2 1/2 years old,

·
Premium Member
7,625 Posts
Occasional trim noise but nothing major and rare....

10k June 2012 170 JTDM veloce on 18"

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
No rattles here. (A bit of low speed/cr*p road surface creaking from rear suspension.)

6k 2012 Cloverleaf.

Had a 2.0l diesel hired Giulietta over Xmas in Italy (can't remember the km-age or wheel size, but would have been the standard diameter - 17"?) but that had a persistent buzzing-rattle from the off side (left) air vent/dash area.

·
Registered
77 Posts
1.4 MA veloce, 18" turbines, sometimes a rattle coming from left side of dash, above glovebox i think, also a creak coming from middle area of dash going over potholes, bumps etc

·
Registered
126 Posts
170 JTDm Veloce, 18" 5-holes, 23K, 2 years old.

I have rattles inside (passenger speaker, aluminium dash trim, vent on top of dashboard), a severely creaky and seemingly unfixable driver's seat, vibrating door mirrors and creaks from the front suspension. Oh, and squeaky door seals. The volume control on the Bose has been my best friend during the last 12 months :rolleyes:

·
Registered
208 Posts
170 Diesel Veloce. 28 months old. 29,000 miles. 18" turbines.

Suspension is horrid.

Currently waiting for suspension to collapse so I can get rid of the bloody thing!

·
Registered
126 Posts
170 Diesel Veloce. 28 months old. 29,000 miles. 18" turbines.

Suspension is horrid.

Currently waiting for suspension to collapse so I can get rid of the bloody thing!
Horrid is very much the word for mine too, sadly. Going back in next week.

Fancy a wager? I'll bet you 50p mine collapses before yours :p

·
Registered
208 Posts
Lol! Ill have that wager. Mine is going back in on Tuesday. Lost count of how many times. 3 different Alfa dealers can't seem to fix it.

I keep telling them to just replace the entire suspension. Surely that'd be much easier for all concerned.

·
Premium Member
7,625 Posts
Lol! Ill have that wager. Mine is going back in on Tuesday. Lost count of how many times. 3 different Alfa dealers can't seem to fix it.

I keep telling them to just replace the entire suspension. Surely that'd be much easier for all concerned.
What are the symptoms? Mine has a hollowly clonk when driving over broken surfaces. They were at a loss then a service bulletin came out about hub carriers. Its in on Thurs to get new ones.....

·
Registered
208 Posts
It's just constant creaking and rumbling. Over bumps, around corners, stopping, steering. Over speed bumps it's a loud creaking that pedestrians can hear clearly.

·
Registered
65 Posts
2.0 170 diesel. 18months old 16000 miles. Squeek from rear seat. Creak from driver side door. Occasional squeek from dashboard. I'm sure there will be a few more by week end.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts