Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With this hot weather and the windows being down , i have a rattle on the the drivers front wheel area , if iam going round a left hand turn , hard there is a rattle on the right side , spounds like a symbol vibrating , once you are round the corner and straighten up it disappears , any ideas !:confused:

·
Registered
199 Posts
Sounds like my brake dust shield problem - easy to fix (bend it back a bit) or if under warranty get the dealer to look. Mine sounded like a mettallic tea tray being scraped on the road in hard left corners.

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
:thumbs: i don't know why it happens but i was unsure and took it to a dealership and they said they bent it back a bit and the noise stopped :) was quite handy for me because they also found a sticky caliper so stripped it out ad cleaned that all up too :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have this exact same problem - do you need to bend the shield back all around the wheel? and how far, I gave the top part a push back and it bent back further (and easier) than I expected...

It is also still in warranty - but if its a simple fix like this I`ll do it myself....

·
Registered
7 Posts
Rattle rattle

Hi folks I had a similar noise, every time I went over some bumps in the road at slow speeds I could hear a rattle coming from the front wheel area, just taken the car for a service and mot, mentioned the rattle, found it to be a broken front coil spring! Seemingly not safe to drive, so they have given me a courtsey car till parts arrive, so best check its not the problem I had.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts