Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 4month old Mito that has begun to develop a rattle from the passenger side.
It started very quietly but I think it is now getting louder and I can hear it more often driving along not-so-smooth roads.

It sounds like it's either coming from the air vent or the glove box, but I can't work out exactly where.

Has anyone had this same problem?

Can this type of issue be reported to the dealer to look into? I know it's minor, and that most cars have rattles/creaks of some kind, but it's really starting to bug me.

·
Administrator
88,204 Posts

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Probs a glove box...

Do what they do to fix it...Get some electical tape and tape it up.

Thats how they fixed mine...They even left the tape in the car so I can fix it myself next time :rolleyes:

·
Registered
41,769 Posts
Probs a glove box...

Do what they do to fix it...Get some electical tape and tape it up.

Thats how they fixed mine...They even left the tape in the car so I can fix it myself next time :rolleyes:
ah the joys of alfa engineering

·
Registered
336 Posts
ive had this problem too. Spoke to the dealer he said that his runabout did the same. They will look at along with the bit of trim on the drivers side when i can be bothered to drop it into them

·
Registered
378 Posts
ive had this problem too. Spoke to the dealer he said that his runabout did the same. They will look at along with the bit of trim on the drivers side when i can be bothered to drop it into them
I have the rattling sound too, started quietly at high speeds but now, just rattles at any speed on bumpy roads,

Have you taking it to the dealer yet?

·
Registered
848 Posts
It's probably the glovebox. Then again, you should also check if it's coming from the back. I've got an annoying rattle from the left rear passenger area, probably near the speaker, although I'm not too confident about the dealer ripping apart the back half of the car to fix it.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I have the rattling sound too, started quietly at high speeds but now, just rattles at any speed on bumpy roads,

Have you taking it to the dealer yet?
not yet but will have to let them look at the stone chips on my bonnet soon. Will let you know when it's been done

·
Registered
378 Posts
It's probably the glovebox. Then again, you should also check if it's coming from the back. I've got an annoying rattle from the left rear passenger area, probably near the speaker, although I'm not too confident about the dealer ripping apart the back half of the car to fix it.
Thats exactly were mine is, by the speaker on the pillar?

mines going in on the 12th and I have mentioned about the rattling.

·
Registered
5,263 Posts
Thats exactly were mine is, by the speaker on the pillar?

mines going in on the 12th and I have mentioned about the rattling.
Check the seat belt clip. The metal part does sometimes rattle against the door pillar, despite the little rubber stop, when the passenger seat is in certain positions. Mine rattled the other day when a tall passenger had pushed the seat right back. It had never happened before. I just messed with the seat belt (giggled it, pulled it in and out a bit) and it stopped.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Mine got fixed on Wednesday for the 2nd time. He really adjusted it this time and it seems to have worked.
What was the problem with yours tytzar?
Front/rear?
glove box / air vent / seat belts / trim?

Do you know what changes were made?

·
Registered
29 Posts
I had this as well, and could not work out where it was coming from for ages.
Turned out it was something I had in the central armrest.
It seems that the armrest storage space (and the glovebox come to that) are not lined and therefore are prone to have things inside them rattling around. Now that I know this, I drive around with no rattles or bangs at all.

·
Registered
359 Posts
What was the problem with yours tytzar?
Front/rear?
glove box / air vent / seat belts / trim?

Do you know what changes were made?
It was the glovebox. They claimed that the door handle was doing it as well but that was nonesense. Now its fine but if it happens again then its getting replaced.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi c18crm et al,

My Mito is about the same age (4months) and it's developed the same annoying passender side/glove box rattle. I'll rather glad that it's not just me. I'll call the Dealer (SGT Taplow) and see if they can fix it for me.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts