Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the following problem. My car makes a rattle noise from somewhere around the C-pillar or the BOSE subwoofer. The noise came up in some songs (not every song) with more bass and as you can imagine it cames with the rhythm of the bass. And the noise is very hard to catch. It sounds like the C-pillar card or the rear card or somewhere from the BOSE subwoofer.

Is there anybody here who had the same problem?

How can i remove the C-pillar card, or the rear central card, where the BOSE subwoofer sits. I want to remove parts one by one to see when the rattle noise will be gone.

Thank you

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So far i have removed the rear central card. It was very annoying thing. It has clips behind the rear seats there are white clips from the trunk and 3 bolts also from the trunk. I removed it and i am planing to put rubber washer to all subwoofer bolts and rubber seals everywhere where it is possible around the subwoofer. But i didn't have time to take a closer look how exactly the subwoofer is attached to the car.

So i will be grateful if somebody help with another advice or tips what else should i do before i put back the rear card. Because i will go crazy if i have to remove it twice. :biglaugh:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, i found the problem. When i removed the rear card when you press the metal around the subwoofer the noise stops. So what i did:

1. Removed the 4 bolts on the subwoofer and put additional isolation tape between the subwoofer and the metal part. I also put isolation tape on the plastic legs where are the bolt holes on the subwoofer. I don't have pictures, but anyway that didn't help, the noise was still there.

2. Then i played again a song with much bass and started listening from the trunk. I found that one of the air ducts is lose and it's vibrating. I removed it and put isolation tape all around. I put isolation tape on the back side too, but i forgot to take a picture. Note that i've also put isolation tape on the bottom part of the duct where it contacts the metal flat part to prevent another vibrations in future. (See picture of the duct)

3. Unfortunately then, the vibration moved to another weak point and this is the Bose amp connector. For there i used sound isolation tape to fix the connector not to move. I didn't take a picture of the taped connector, but there are many ways to fix the connector, so use your creativity. (See picture of the connector)

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts