Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi to all,

My 159 is only 6 months old and up to now I have two major problems with my beuty. The first one which is happening evry other day, is when I try to shift up a gear the car accepts it and then shifts it back. This happens only from the padles.
The second one which is very annoying is the ratle that comes from the left hand side from inside the facia. The dealer said to me after two days of investiction that this is normal and I have to accept it. So tell me if anyone had the same problem and what to do.

·
Registered
3,681 Posts
rattles are well publicised and to be expected.

the down shifting issue needs a dealer to diagnose it, you've got a warranty so you might as well use it

·
Registered
15,174 Posts

·
Registered
3,681 Posts
whoops i was thinking 156.

i kind of like my rattles, gives it that authentic italian feel.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The problem with the official dealer is that he doesn't know what to do. The chief mechanic said to me that he will send an email to the factory and the after sales manager said to me that he already sent an email to the factory. I think they are having me. So I decided to give them a week to tell me what they will do to fix my 159 and then I might take more drastic measures.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Kalimera Doro,

I hope i wont have to face any rattling problems with my 159 which i also expect from the same dealer in about a month or so. However i did not go for the selespeed option. Stayed with the normal geat stick. Hope all goes well and the issue will be sorted soon.
Its a shame to spend a fortune for a car and have no support from the dealers!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Kalimera to you as well ststorey,
Hopefully your 159 does not have the same problems cause is very anoying that the dealer can not do anything and to tell you that this is how your £26.000 car is.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts