Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
That sounds very italian, much raspier than mine. For some reason my system is a lot deeper, seems to have lost most of the rasp I so like lower down in the revs. What set up do you have?

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That sounds very italian, much raspier than mine. For some reason my system is a lot deeper, seems to have lost most of the rasp I so like lower down in the revs. What set up do you have?
Standard cat, front box replaced with stainless straight thru, front box back is a "JPX exhausts" system which omits the saddle box.

PS Quentin, I'm pleased that you think it sounds "nothing like" Tesco's car park on a friday night :)

·
Registered
205 Posts
Thats a big difference in sound for just replacing the front box. I have a high flow cat and s.s system from mij with just one small middle silencer and back box.

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thats a big difference in sound for just replacing the front box. I have a high flow cat and s.s system from mij with just one small middle silencer and back box.
The JPX was quite loud prior to changing out the front box, it was fitted by the previous owner at a cost of 460 quid!, tbh the welds arent great and the bends not as uniform as i would want if i had paid that much, i dynoed the car at 153bhp prior to removing the front box though so the JPX seems to be free flowing enough despite its iffy quality.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Standard cat, front box replaced with stainless straight thru, front box back is a "JPX exhausts" system which omits the saddle box.

PS Quentin, I'm pleased that you think it sounds "nothing like" Tesco's car park on a friday night :)
On the standard exhaust, mine sounds more like an item from the home appliances aisle rather than anything you might find outside in the car park.

G

·
0 Posts
Sounds:cool:, but i can't help but think that my 1.6 sounded "meatier" than that. Maybe it was the de-cat and twin exhaust.

Take the cat out if you can :thumbs:

·
Registered
167 Posts
sounds nice, chavvy exhausts are usually drainpipe circumfrence and give a much deeper noise, this sounds more 'Italian'

D

·
0 Posts

sounds exactly like mine and i have only the cat and one box under the rear axle.

·
Registered
8,916 Posts
Where do you get a straight through front pipe from? Do you have to have it made custom? I like the idea of getting rid of the front box. Is it possible to get rid of the mid boxes?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts