Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

Just had a look through recent threads and haven't seen anyone mention this yet, so apologies if this has already made it onto the forum.

Thought that some of the gang would find this Spider interesting.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/141029746296

The history seems incredible and I for one like it. Took me a while to appreciate the alloys.

Will be interesting to see what the winning bid will be be. Surprised to see someone selling this on eBay. Would have thought it better suited to a classic car advert.

Andy

·
Registered
62 Posts
Nice car, I doubt there are many left that can claim to be in such pristine condition and (appears to be) genuine low milage.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Lovely car and interesting history. Personally, I like the wheels, but not the Ferarri badges! However, Recaro seats? Shouldn't the 3.0 have vents in the front spoiler under the fog lamps?

·
Registered
897 Posts
I just don't looks it , take away the low mileage and I think it looks a bit , well chav , there I've said it sorry, I think it might just be those awfull wheels as I like white rare spiders.

·
Premium Member
2,455 Posts
Not to my taste whatsoever - for the money that is at, one could buy a fantastic phase 2 v6 in a great colour with low miles, q2 etc etc.
To me, this just looks plain awful and I am immediately weighing up the cost to make it less awful.
Horses for courses...

·
Registered
7,453 Posts
Hello All,

Just had a look through recent threads and haven't seen anyone mention this yet, so apologies if this has already made it onto the forum.

Thought that some of the gang would find this Spider interesting.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/141029746296

The history seems incredible and I for one like it. Took me a while to appreciate the alloys.

Will be interesting to see what the winning bid will be be. Surprised to see someone selling this on eBay. Would have thought it better suited to a classic car advert.

Andy

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Some contrasting options here, a marmite car I think.

I don't think I would have been too upset had the Royal Family of Qatar presented this to me. I need to work on more oil rigs I think.

I suppose it is possible that this was retro fitted, but the history sounds good enough to me.

If anyone on here goes to see it, it would be good to hear about it. That turbo badge makes me think it is the 2l not the 3l. The engine block looks different to my 3l but then again mine in phase 2 and I have never seen a 12v 3l.

·
Registered
7,453 Posts
Some contrasting options here, a marmite car I think.

I don't think I would have been too upset had the Royal Family of Qatar presented this to me. I need to work on more oil rigs I think.

I suppose it is possible that this was retro fitted, but the history sounds good enough to me.

If anyone on here goes to see it, it would be good to hear about it. That turbo badge makes me think it is the 2l not the 3l. The engine block looks different to my 3l but then again mine in phase 2 and I have never seen a 12v 3l.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It says 3.0 V6 on the rear. Where's the turbo badge?

As I've already explained, the add-ons would have been fitted by the Concessionaire prior to sale. This is normal practise in the Gulf.
It has a turbo badge on the right hand side of the boot. It looks like a Porsche turbo badge, but I may be wrong.

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
It has a turbo badge on the right hand side of the boot. It looks like a Porsche turbo badge, but I may be wrong.
Your eyesight is better than mine! Definitely not an Alfa badge. If it was the Spider TB then it would say '2.0 TB' on the rear. If this is a TB then this is a rare 916 Alfa - only 444 were made, making it the rarest 916 Alfa of all. I think it likely though this is a 3.0 12v with a turbo badge stuck on the rear.
It' definitely a 3.0 12v as on a 2.0 Turbo the word 'Turbo' is cast into the plenum & they don't have a convoluted intake hose leading to the throttle body but a smooth pipe.

Clive

·
Registered
118 Posts
It seems to be a very rare exmple indeed..nice condition, low mileage etc..but personally
i wouldn't choose it.I think the interior is a bit..peculiar! and don't believe the alloys emerge the car to its best!:confused:
Personal thoughts ofcourse!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Taking a second look at that interior, it reminds me the seats of the early models of the turbo plus l.e. fiat coupe,
which had two tone recaro black and red like this one, except the headrest and the door cards. (they were also red).Think it matched better in that interior.. ;)

·
Registered
213 Posts
So we got a white Spider (not so special), with Ferrari fake wheels (yuk), Red Momo interior that for some reason is suddenly a Recaro interior from Ferrari, and a Porsche Turbo badge on the back (why?)... and it belonged to some sheik huh... right... what a joke.

·
Registered
13,685 Posts
So we got a white Spider (not so special), with Ferrari fake wheels (yuk), Red Momo interior that for some reason is suddenly a Recaro interior from Ferrari, and a Porsche Turbo badge on the back (why?)... and it belonged to some sheik huh... right... what a joke.
I'm not sure he says it is a Ferrari interior (it does not look like one, in fact they look very much like my 916 seats). He does however say "Designed by New Trade Ferrari of Doha".

Not my cup of tea though :(

1 - 20 of 82 Posts