Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just saw an ad on C4 for the Alfa Spider, can't think of the last time I ever saw an Alfa ad on tv. Car looked very :cool: just need to win the lottery now :)

A

·
0 Posts
I saw it too. Spider looked fabulous, could have done with less shots of hairy armed bloke though.

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Ad was run on Sky News too. Nice car, nice music but nothing about the sh1te dealers and crap customer service from ARUK :confused:

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I saw it too. Spider looked fabulous, could have done with less shots of hairy armed bloke though.
Yep, could have done with out him. My wife would have looked much better driving it than him, maybe I'll write to AR HQ and suggest it for the next ad :)

·
Registered
15,299 Posts
Haven't seen it on TV but the 'How to Spend It' magazine in the FT had an add in it.

Whats the TV one like - any good???

A

·
0 Posts
The car looks great,the music beautiful, sounds like that opera they used in Shawshank Redemption. Any music buffs know what it is? My missus watches that bit of the film just to hear it.

·
Registered
38,457 Posts
I saw it in the middle of coronation street. Very fitting as one of the characters drives one..

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
Good ad, better than the Breras :D

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
Yep, could have done with out him. My wife would have looked much better driving it than him, maybe I'll write to AR HQ and suggest it for the next ad :)
Maby there trying to say that it's ok for blokes to drive it to.Alfa spider ads have always gone along with the sexy girl thing.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I liked the sound, in amongst the music you get a hint of that distinctive Alfa exhaust!

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
They've got one in our local dealership at the moment - it's actually nicer than I remembered, and I remembered it being pretty nice. :)

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Saw an ad for 147 Q2, on, um, er, OK,

Fashion TV :rolleyes:,
(was channel hopping last night, seen an Alfa, stopped channel hopping, Honest!)

It's not in English, but easy to get the gist.

Sky Channel 273, (made a note, again Honest!) if your interested ;)

PS went back to watching The Simpson afterwards (and again -everybody-, HONEST)

·
Registered
611 Posts
Yeah right Marksie, we believe you......... NOT....

or as Borat would say, We NOT believe you....

Anyway, I did a youtube search for that Ad, but didn't find it. However I spotted this Ad and it is really good. Shows off the styling really nice with very clever use of lighting...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AT-K-EsmdK4

Enjoy,
P
:)

·
Registered
43,564 Posts
Yeah right Marksie, we believe you......... NOT....

or as Borat would say, We NOT believe you....
What he (and Borat) said !! :D

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Will give brief description of 147 Q2 ad, just in case you don't want to watch FTV all night!

147 is at run down filling station in American? desert, bloke at FS asks driver what Q2 means (I think), and he explains it's about grip in corners, but they look up the road and it's dead straight. Hilarious!

Thats about it I think, like I said it's not in English (or a language I recognised)

You really should look for it if you have Sky, ;) :D

1 - 20 of 44 Posts