Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Guys

With a heavy heart I am about to put my beloved and rare '98 Phase1 Proteo Red Spider Lusso up for sale.

I have owned the car since 2002 and am the 2nd owner. It is immaculate, has always been garaged, has 43,500 miles on the clock and is in outstanding condition having always been with me and the previous owner as an occasional weekend-only car.

I have every single receipt from new, plus all MOT certificates, as well as all the keys and the handbooks etc.

I know the Phase1 is now very rare and especially in factory trim. The only non-OEM part is the full Alfaholics exhaust. It still drives like a dream, is responsive with the lovely exhaust rasp as per factory-volume, a lovely sound. Inside it is very tight as-new, no rattles and squeaks probably as the dash etc. has never been taken apart. It still has the factory stereo and boot CD-changer. The centre console has the usual sticky finish so will need attention.

I will be advertising it for sale very soon. Where do you the learned AR owners feel I should pitch the car for sale? What is a realistic price? I don't want to give it away, but also would like to price it to sell as it is an excellent and well-loved example of a what is now a very rare car.

Appreciate your feedback.

Simon

·
Registered
4,301 Posts
Hello Simon, I would price it between £3/4k, but you can ask what ever you want, cars like this are not for sale every day.

What price do you have in mind?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Andy

How are you? Well I hope! I met you at Brands a year or two ago when you were taking your V6 GTV round the track.

I'd like to get about 4.5k as I expect there are very very few Phase1s in this condition and with this mileage. It's a May 1998 car so 18 years, 2 owners and 43.5k mileage is pretty rare.

So you see much interest on here?

I know Clive used to trade 916s - keeping some as future investments.

I think a private sale is probably best though.

Do you still have your 916 Spider?

Regards, Simon

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Andy car looks great - you've put the factory wheels back on and the black trim is back to standard too (think you had sprayed it all red!?).

I'm going out to buy this month's issue this week - got to read what AI say about it, hope it's all positive!

Could be good timing what with me about to sell :)

Yes still got the Maserati - took it to AI Day at Brooklands a couple of weeks ago. Looked out for you but didn't see you or your car.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts