Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
I'm a big TB fan, but not over-impressed by this example...

Painted Ph1 lower valances, aftermarket wheels, 'unloved' under the bonnet - and a load of BS in his description (all IMHO of course!).

That said, these all things that can be easily undone / perfected... And worth doing... :thumbs:

Also, I believe there are 9 registered in the UK (although this may not be totally accurate) - soon to be 10 (or 'one more') when I get around to the DVLA paperwork for mine...

Cheers, Baggers.

·
Registered
4,301 Posts
I saw that for sale the other day and thought that's over priced !!

That said, I'm not saying I wouldn't like to own it :thumbs:

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Is that actually true about the engine being the same as the Fiat Dino?

Seats are ok but the rest of the interior doesn't look great, nor does the engine bay. No mention of service history.

Not sure I'd pay the money for it

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
...This Alfa is certainly not looking pampered is it...and the wheels do nothing whatsoever for me. But its rare and can be restored to its former glory. I have not a clue what the car is worth as its so rare...though as the car stands it seems a lot of wonga to ask for it in my opinion.

·
Registered
7,881 Posts
Certainly in the description we can say:

1) "Only 7 imported to the UK". Absolute rubbish, quite a few more than that.

2) "V6 engine derived from the Fiat Dino/Ferrari (sic) Dino 2.4". Not as far as I'm aware.

Not a fan of the aftermarket wheels either.

Why do people feel they need to hype their adds with copious bulls**t?

·
Registered
4,301 Posts
Certainly in the description we can say:

1) "Only 7 imported to the UK". Absolute rubbish, quite a few more than that.

2) "V6 engine derived from the Fiat Dino/Ferrari (sic) Dino 2.4". Not as far as I'm aware.

Not a fan of the aftermarket wheels either.

Why do people feel they need to hype their adds with copious bulls**t?

Maybe he feels like he has to justify the price tag :lol:

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Such a shame when owners don't appreciate the fact they have the most beautiful engine ever made. :(

very true, I am a real fan of all the old busso alfa V6 engines. They are fantastic motors in my opinion.

·
Registered
7,881 Posts
Is that actually true about the engine being the same as the Fiat Dino?
Seats are ok but the rest of the interior doesn't look great, nor does the engine bay. No mention of service history.

Not sure I'd pay the money for it
Nope. It's the Arese V6, same as all the other 2.5, 3.0 and 3.2 versions of this famous engine (which is a lot better than the 2.0 and 2.4 V6 engine erroneously referred to).

·
Registered
12,405 Posts
Isn't there a comment by a respected Alfa tuner in the North West about 2-3 years explaining that it's not a Busso or am I mistaken?

·
Registered
7,881 Posts
It's the Arese V6, simply a 1998cc 12v version with garrett turbocharger producing 202bhp. Designed specifically for the home market as at the time tax was huge on cars anything over 2000cc (the vendor did get that bit right).

·
Registered
649 Posts
Just noticed that engine bay looks like the one I bought today - lol plenty of rust... I guess maybe Cillit Bang can do the trick

That means I spray some cillit bang to my rusted inlet manifolds and it becomes as good as new ?

1 - 20 of 80 Posts