Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have my GTV up for sale and I really can't understand some people. I put the advert up on Wednesday evening since then I have had 7 "interested" people that have all asked the same question "is the car still for sale". All these have been by txt message and emails. I reply to everyone with the same answer of yes it is as I only put it up a few days ago and then receive no reply at all. 1stly if you inquire about a car nowadays does that mean you are interested in it or does it mean you like to kick tires? 2nd of all who would even ask about a car and get the answer that is hopefully what they wanted to hear and not reply at all. It doesn't make sense. Can anyone enlighten me?

Many Thanks.

·
Registered
7,798 Posts
It might be they are arranging finance, a babysitter, a mechanic and a time to come and visit. You need to chill abit as you are not coming across as very approachable ? I know selling can be a PITA but, in my experience the least likely normally buy while the most likely often turn out to be the time masters.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't know about you but if I see a car I like I'm on it like sonic. Or even responding to a returned message. Ie, "thank you for getting back I will be in touch soon". Simple. :)

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
It's a buyers market.. if I'm buying I wait for ten days or so to see if it still hasn't sold.. maybe get a better deal..
for every 30 callers you might get a buyer .. only 23 to go .. hang in there be patient and chillax..

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Sellers can be just as bad,last one i contacted to ask if i could view the car (a spider) wouldn't let me :confused: then next day he sent me some extra photos of the car and asked me what i thought it was worth :lol:

·
Registered
Giulia Quad, Cayman GT4, Cayenne Turbo
23,458 Posts
If you put it on gumtree you can expect texts.

I've just put mine up on Pistonheads today.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It's on auto trader. I have just noticed though that some of the details regarding the tax and MOT for some reason were not put in right. MOT ends 10th November tax ends 30th June. Here is the link to it. Ignore the tax and MOT dates. It's being updated by auto trader.

Alfa Romeo GTV 2.0 TS 16V Lusso 2dr

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
nice car that. i think the problem with autotrader is they have the habit of leaving cars on for months. This could be part of the reason for the enquiries about availability.
I know I have phoned after cars on AT only to be told they sold weeks ago.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks. I imagined I would have a lot of interest in it early on because of the condition but just never imagined so many calls/ texts /emails resulting in 0 views so fare. She is still waiting for a good home.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Yes I hate selling a car, it seems to attract all the idiots in creation. How do you deal with the email that says "what's the lowest price you'll take for it?" They all seem to lead off with that one.

·
Registered
381 Posts
What gets me is spending time writing a decent advert, to include all relavant detail, only for people to ask you questions that are on the listing !!!

·
Registered
Giulia Quad, Cayman GT4, Cayenne Turbo
23,458 Posts
Just had the first firm offer of £1800 for mine. No funny texts yet. :)

·
Registered
7,798 Posts
That's not bad for a 3.2 V6 GT Operation Alfa . ;) It was supposed to be the wink icon but my phone seems to think im typing smile icon.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts