Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1. Post a thread in the Rant Room.

2. Await other people's opinions and views.

3. Disagree with other people's opinions and views.

4. Throw your rattle out of the pram.

5. Get your thread locked.

How bizarre!

H

·
0 Posts
I didn't throw my rattle out of the pram it was my thread to lock :)

So don't blame any of the Mods it was me that locked it :D

·
Registered
11,827 Posts
1. Post a thread in the Rant Room.
Yeah? Go on then, see if I care. :rant:
2. Await other people's opinions and views.
So, what have you lot got to say for yourselves then? :confused:
3. Disagree with other people's opinions and views.
Oh, that is just TOTALLY WRONG!!! :mad:
4. Throw your rattle out of the pram.
I've had enough of this, I'm leaving. See you later, LOSERS! :cry:
5. Get your thread locked.
Of all the ******* stupid ******* things, for ***** sake! :eek:
How bizarre!
Dunno what you mean, mate. :cheese:

·
Super Moderator
44,759 Posts
There are definite issues with how people see the rant room.

I mean, it is the rant room, therefore we should expect the original posts to be somewhat unreasonable. Some respondants take them all too seriously, and that starts the issues.

But on the other hand, you're quite right that everyone is entitled to add their opinion to the mix - as long as they do so reasonably politely.

MRobins parking fee rant was a very good example. He was having a rant about the parking fee. He's quite aware that he's been very lucky so far to be able to park for free, but the rant is because it's a swine that this luck has ended. He then got attacked from all sides for daring to complain when he has a nice car. :confused: Not really all that relevant. But certainly ranty!

·
Registered
15,172 Posts
There are definite issues with how people see the rant room.

I mean, it is the rant room, therefore we should expect the original posts to be somewhat unreasonable. Some respondants take them all too seriously, and that starts the issues.

But on the other hand, you're quite right that everyone is entitled to add their opinion to the mix - as long as they do so reasonably politely.

MRobins parking fee rant was a very good example. He was having a rant about the parking fee. He's quite aware that he's been very lucky so far to be able to park for free, but the rant is because it's a swine that this luck has ended. He then got attacked from all sides for daring to complain when he has a nice car. :confused: Not really all that relevant. But certainly ranty!

:p

J

·
0 Posts
am i right in thinking that if the OP asks a mod to lock the thread for a good reason then it can be done?

if that's the case then HM, having the ability to lock threads, did just that

1 - 12 of 12 Posts