Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i expected to get alot of company whilst on the road with this motor............

i drive with atleast 4 car lengths between me and the motor infront mainly to avoid the dreaded stones that getted chucked up, if i didnt then id be looking at a respray twice a year.

secondly being a biker i know backing off a wee bit helps my vision down the road and gives me a little time to hit the warp mode.

i suppose the idiots who fill my mirrors havent a clue what they are doing except being hell bent on provoking you to put your foot down.

i will not ware my motor out on these prats and find myself slowing down to ease off and come tearing past, which is a result in my opinion.

i hate tailgaters but its not all bad as they just cant help feeling ever so attracted to something which i own, drive, and love to death myself:cheese:

·
Registered
162 Posts
Rant :mad:
The post that you created in the following thread has been un-approved

==========================================================================
Post ID: I now fix window chips and cracks etc restore lights includi...
Thread: chips bullets cracks

Boo! was only offering service to local members. dont do full time just friends family and my own car stock Blimey! whateva?!?

·
Registered
5,250 Posts
I love tailgaters when I'm driving a Transit, drop it a couple of gears dump the clutch, amazing engine braking :lol:, they usually get the message and if not, it's not my van and the bumper is metal :)

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Absolute pain. Nothing more disheartening on a nice drive than the kidney grilles / daft audi beard in the rear view. Some middle management bully trying to push through your nice Alfa.

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
Personally I can't stand those people who leave massive gaps on my motorway, that is valuable space that I could be occupying ... if only they would move up then I'd get to my destination 0.1ms quicker :rant::mad::mad::rant:

;)

·
Registered
37,142 Posts
I hate tailgaiters too. You can be driving along at the speed limit (lots of speed traps round here) and they sit inches from your bumper.

FFS overtake if you want to go faster.. :mad:

I do find that if I leave too big a gap between me and the car in front then someone will pull out in front of me into the gap, forcing me to stick the anchors on.

Sometimes you cannot win.

·
Registered
15,174 Posts
I do find sitting in the outside lane at 70 annoys people...

But to be fair that is the speed limit...

If there's no reason to move over and you're not overtaking anyone, it would annoy me too. :lol:;)

·
Premium Member
621 Posts
It makes me laugh, Tailgaters are usually only good in a straight line, when it comes to the corners, they can't hack it, they get frustrated at being left behind. I usually let them past after a bit of playing around and make a point of laughing at them as they pass, that seems to wind them up even more.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
The far outside lane is not an overtaking lanes...and since 70 is the limit you have no reason to move.
I take it you drive a brightly painted car, with blue flashy lights then?
If this is not the case, then stop playing traffic cop, and let people get on with what they want to do.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
5,250 Posts
No...

If im in the outside lane the tuff tittys is what I say...

I will not be bullyed out the way by other Tw*t drivers.
The highway code states

You should always drive in the left-hand lane when the road ahead is clear. If you are overtaking a number of slower-moving vehicles, you should return to the left-hand lane as soon as you are safely past. Slow-moving or speed-restricted vehicles should always remain in the left-hand lane of the carriageway unless overtaking. You MUST NOT drive on the hard shoulder except in an emergency or if directed to do so by the police, HA traffic officers in uniform or by signs.

Not sure if you are baiting but if not you are wrong

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
to be fair, If I'm siting at my chose speed (usually 75-80mph) and I'm overtaking, then anyone tailgating me can get stuffed. I'll move over as soon as I'm done overtaking, and i'm not speeding up. Flash your headlights as much as you like, the only effect you're going to have, is probably to make me slow down, just to p*** you off a bit more.

But If you ever see me in the outside lane and there's nothing inside of me, and no reason for me to be there, then please feel free to ram me off the road - I'll deserve it.

·
Registered
37,142 Posts
The inside lane is for normal driving, and the other lanes are overtaking lanes. At least thats what the highway code says.

I am not suprised people sit on your bumper at 70mph on the motorway. Everyone knows that most people drive at 80-85mph.

A few MPH over the speed limit on a motorway/dual carriageway is totally different to a few MPH in built up areas where children may step into the road..

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I am not suprised people sit on your bumper at 70mph on the motorway. Everyone knows that most people drive at 80-85mph.
You'd be amazined at how many people sit at 50mph on dual carriageways. Before I got my bike I thought I'd be the slowest traffic on the road with my 65-70mph top speed, but it's unreal how many people I end up overtaking. (and it's not always grandpa joe in his Micra, Jags, Big Mercs etc, I've seen them all doddering at 50-55mph, totally oblivious to the world around them.)

·
Registered
5,250 Posts
You'd be amazined at how many people sit at 50mph on dual carriageways. Before I got my bike I thought I'd be the slowest traffic on the road with my 65-70mph top speed, but it's unreal how many people I end up overtaking. (and it's not always grandpa joe in his Micra, Jags, Big Mercs etc, I've seen them all doddering at 50-55mph, totally oblivious to the world around them.)
Those people are the sort that are oblivious to speed limits, 50 on a motorway, 50 on an A road, 50 in a 30 limit as you say they live in their own little world :mad:

1 - 20 of 39 Posts