Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
42,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have any of you guys experienced ''a random rear wiper blade operation''?

This is has happened a couple of times to me now.

This morning I opened the car and turned her on as per usual. Had to get out the car and go into the boot to get the scraper out.

As I got to the boot the rear wiper was operating ... odd as I hadn't turned it on :eek:

Lifted hatch up, got scraper out, dropped hatch down and wiper stopped mid screen. :confused:

Turned wiper on and off when I was ready to drive away and it returned to it's normal position.

Anyone experienced similar??

·
Registered
573 Posts
were you in reverse?

it goes bananas if your front ones are on and you select reverse, even if it is in fact off

if not its probably just a haunted wiper. check your manual under E for exorcism

·
Premium Member
42,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
were you in reverse?

it goes bananas if your front ones are on and you select reverse, even if it is in fact off

if not its probably just a haunted wiper. check your manual under E for exorcism
Nope... not in reverse and didn't turn the front ones on as the screen was covered in frost.

I'll check the manual when I get home :eek: :p

·
Registered
103 Posts
it sounds like you might have a broken wire in the tail gate loom were it goes from the roof panel to the tailgate my old fiat 500 did the same thing

·
Registered
352 Posts
it sounds like you might have a broken wire in the tail gate loom were it goes from the roof panel to the tailgate my old fiat 500 did the same thing
More likely is a loose connector :rolleyes:

One very rare possibility is RF pickup to the CANbus- some years ago the wipers
on my Mito operated spontaneously while I was driving across the Brendon Hills,
where there are a few powerful radio masts.

It never happened again so I didn't trace the actual cause :confused:

But we all know the traditional reputation of Italian electrickery :wow:

Chris

·
Registered
320 Posts
As mentioned by Mark if does very much sound like the issue with the 500s. If it is that same issue - for those that were still within the manufacturer's 2 year warranty got the loom replaced (one documentated example on the FF). For others where they were in the 3rd dealer warranty it wasn't covered coming under 'wear and tear' and involved getting a sparkie (didn't cost much) to do a bit of soldering with some new wire to fix the break.

M

·
0 Posts
A car on the forecourt at work did this very same thing to me a few weeks ago. Aside from the battery being down on charge everything else was fine???

1 - 11 of 11 Posts