Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I needed to replace my random orbital sander - burnt out the old one whilst refurbishing a property. Reading the instruction manual (I know, a bit of a rarity - I normally just pick it up and go!) I found a comment to the effect that with variable speed it can also be used as a polisher.

Being a self confessed skinflint, can I use this in lieu of, say, a DAS6 for polishing. It's got a 330W motor, a no load speed of up to 12,000 orbits/min and a 2.5 mm orbit diameter.

·
Registered
988 Posts
Yesterday I needed to replace my random orbital sander - burnt out the old one whilst refurbishing a property. Reading the instruction manual (I know, a bit of a rarity - I normally just pick it up and go!) I found a comment to the effect that with variable speed it can also be used as a polisher.

Being a self confessed skinflint, can I use this in lieu of, say, a DAS6 for polishing. It's got a 330W motor, a no load speed of up to 12,000 orbits/min and a 2.5 mm orbit diameter.
Standard specs for a DAS6 are roughly 500w, 2600-6200 opm with a 8mm orbit. I guess you could try it but I would rather buy a machine which would be less risky

1 - 2 of 2 Posts