Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Afternoon chaps,

Random question, does anyone local have any spare intercooler pipes I could borrow for a while, I dont mind a bit of a drive to borrow them . Im hoping to have someone fabricate or at least get me some solid pipe to replace the standard rubber hoses. Im sure I read somewhere on here that the ID is 2". Trying to source pipework hasnt been to easy (or cheap - reckon I could get a universal FMIC for some of the prices I've seen).

Cheers in advance :)

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
I've got a set of the original rubber pipes on my garage shelf if you're interested?

Got some Autolusso silicone jobbies fitted, and for some reason decided to keep the old bits!

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've got a set of the original rubber pipes on my garage shelf if you're interested?

Got some Autolusso silicone jobbies fitted, and for some reason decided to keep the old bits!
Yeah I reckon I could go for a nice drive to Devon (possibly - gives me an excuse to see some family aswell lol) Where abouts are you located then Ed??

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Haha. Lucky guess ;)
Looks good though. I take it those t bar clamps (hope I got that right) are the best clamps to use for the connections? I plan to follow another members write up and use the rubber for the connections. They reckoned theirs was holding fine under boost.
I just need to get my mate to pull his finger out and sort some pipe out....... he's a master of procrastination lol

·
Registered
121 Posts
I had used the original jubilee clamps at first but the local Cromwell Tools shop had the T Bat Clamps in stock and they worked out cheaper than heavy duty jubilee clips. They clamp up really firm and i think they look a lot better too, plus they are stainless so hopefully wont rust too much lol

I made the pipe with as little gap between the turbo and intercooler as possible so there is hopefully less chance of it being blown off at boost, its a bit of a squeeze getting it on but is holding up even after some spirited driving :)

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks again to Ed for the pipes that was most appreciated fella, and to samsdad for the heads up on the sizes. Hopefully soon I should have some nice shiny new hard pipes :)
My try and push my luck and see if I can get two sets knocked up! ;)

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
No worries Bud :thumbup:

They were taking up space on my spares shelf, so happy I could get rid of them and help you out at the same time!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts