Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,

My Brera has the unfortunate (For my neighbours) of sounding of the alarm at random times. It can be in the daytime or in the middle of the night which as you can imagine doesn`t please them.

Does anyone have any idea why this might be happening and have a solution ?

Thanks,

Bob

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have been having the same issue on occasion. My Brera is rarely used, and the alarm issue seems less prevalent if I keep the battery topped up on a CTEK charger.

So I'm wondering if my problem is a low charge issue that is causing a sensor somewhere to go a bit haywire.

Probably no help if you do 500 miles a day and had a new battery fitted last week!

·
Registered
223 Posts
I have been having the same issue on occasion. My Brera is rarely used, and the alarm issue seems less prevalent if I keep the battery topped up on a CTEK charger.

So I'm wondering if my problem is a low charge issue that is causing a sensor somewhere to go a bit haywire.

Probably no help if you do 500 miles a day and had a new battery fitted last week!
I had the same problem with my 159.
My problem came from the ultrasonic sensors. This was fixed with a "new" ceiling unit (containing the ultrasonic sensors) from a breaker.

·
Registered
515 Posts
It's a common fault with the Brera.
Had our car in the family for around seven years and its always going off, so we lock it with the key in the door at night and use the fob all other times.
No more sleepless nights.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have this problem, disabling the internal sensors (button on the ceiling) works, but you have to remember to do it each time you lock it which is a bit tedious.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Guys,
Thanks for the suggestions.
I have been locking it with the key for the last few nights and there has been no problem so I might stick with that even though it`s a pain in the arse finding the lock in the dark !

Bob

·
Registered
28 Posts
...just replace the internal roof sensor then...job done.
My Brera opens the tailgate randomly, and that triggers the alarm. Any known issues for that ? The tailgate open button was disabled, when I got the car, maybe to solve the problem, but it still does it.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I had a similar issue with my 159, someone else mentioned dead locking already which is what stopped the alarm randomly going off for me as well. I don't know about the Brera but the 159 can be deadlocked using the fob if you double click the lock button. The beep goes off, and then the lights flash a few more times to indicate it occurs, and you hear a second click after the first one

1 - 13 of 13 Posts