Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Recently i change my headlights(silver) with qv headlights (gray). Few days ago i notice that new headlights are make more rainbow effect on low beam especialy the left one which is driver side in my country. Its hard to explain but from some viewing angle left projector is more blueish from the other one. Is it normal? I use osram night breaker plus and the headlights are genuine and new. Thanks

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
296 Posts
I believe it's quite normal for this kind of headlamp system to have rainbow effects at the upper edge. You also note varying colour of the light from Fiat and Alfa's you meet on the road.
Rainbow colours got more pronounced after changing to Night Breakers, but the light is so much better :)

·
Registered
63 Posts
Where did you get the qv darker headlights from? Can't seem to find any
I've been trying to find these for ages. I actually bought a pair off Ebay but they arrived damaged and insides were all warped, so they must have been the old ones that got recalled. I opened up a dispute, sent them back and got my money back. There was all bits and pieces in the box they came in so he was just a crook.

I really want some though as I love the dark look.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is this across the whole beam or just the top edge? Mine has a sort of rainbow effect across the top edge.
It's on the top edge, but left headlight is making more rainbow effect then the right one. I will meke some photo in next few days and will upload to see the diference.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts