Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz 190E
17,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Given that a lot of heat is lost via our heads, I thought that this winter I'd let my hair grow. After all, there is a recession on :) So, even though I'm an advocate of the no.2 buzz cut every four weeks, it's not been cut since September. Given it grows quicker than a frisky rabbit's family, I now look like Chewbacca's dad. An imminent winter break means not just ten days of not getting it cut, but an extra ten days on top of that until my barber opens in the new year. Anyone else growing it long and either regretting it, or desperate for the moment they can slink into the barber's chair and ask for a number 2 buzz? :eek:

M

·
0 Posts
I like my hair short and neat. I used to get it cut every two weeks. I liked to keep it short, and I'll be honest, I enjoyed a little banter with my not unattractive hair dresser.

However, at nearly £20 a pop, it was pricey. I now go to a place that I used to use years ago...every three weeks...and just £11.

.....there's not the banter, but otherwise....happy days:)

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz 190E
17,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I like my hair short and neat. I used to get it cut every two weeks. I liked to keep it short, and I'll be honest, I enjoyed a little banter with my not unattractive hair dresser.

However, at nearly £20 a pop, it was pricey. I now go to a place that I used to use years ago...every three weeks...and just £11.

.....there's not the banter, but otherwise....happy days:)
dude, when I was younger, I used to blow big bucks at a *cringe* salon. Soon worked out that after two days, my barnet looked no different, even though I'd had to put up with banal 'tell me about your hair history' conversations before the scissors started slicing :)

Barbers now it is. The only *slight* issue, is that its opening hours are governed by the needs of the owner's (ample) stomach, rather than by the haircut needs of the local community. But, at £7.50 a pop, I can live with this :)

M

·
0 Posts
dude, when I was younger, I used to blow big bucks at a *cringe* salon. Soon worked out that after two days, my barnet looked no different, even though I'd had to put up with banal 'tell me about your hair history' conversations before the scissors started slicing :)

Barbers now it is. The only *slight* issue, is that its opening hours are governed by the needs of the owner's (ample) stomach, rather than by the haircut needs of the local community. But, at £7.50 a pop, I can live with this :)
Along with good old fashioned common sense, the pound talks my friend....the pound talks:thumbs:

·
Banned
4,362 Posts
Get thee selves a trimmer like the barbers use :thumbs:
Had mine a good 15 years now, lost all the different grade bits you can shove on it mind
but don't matter any more since I look like I've got a pink crash helmet on :lol:

Saved me a small fortune in beer tokens over the years ;)

·
Registered
3,370 Posts
Along with good old fashioned common sense, the pound talks my friend....the pound talks:thumbs:
No no no, you really can't spend too much at the hairdressers.

As for those hedge trimmer things that give you a number one, they are an abomination and should be banned. They are a crime against humanity. I'm sure chairman mao would have approved.
I've just tried a new stylist, she cut it well if not too short for my liking. She
Is worth another try.

M

·
0 Posts
No no no, you really can't spend too much at the hairdressers.

As for those hedge trimmer things that give you a number one, they are an abomination and should be banned. They are a crime against humanity. I'm sure chairman mao would have approved.
I've just tried a new stylist, she cut it well if not too short for my liking. She
Is worth another try.
My current hairdresser taught my 'old' haidresser......I only spent the extra for the head massage and the banter with a rather pretty thing:eek:

Lesson learnt.

·
Registered
11,604 Posts
I DIY mine with clippers, have never been fond of the hairdo thing, but have left it for a while, I generally go hairier in winter...

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz 190E
17,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
I need a hair cut :( i know if its too long if i get up in the morning and i have 'bed hair' thats when it needs doing :lol:
I'm just remembering... Dax Wax from 1987. It was the stuff to have, in a blue tin. I can even remember the smell. A bit industrial, but with a whiff of fragrance...

Then, many years later, the little 'Bed Head' wax on the push-up stick thingy?

Sheeet...this was all money wasted on being a pretty boi that was better spent on shock absorbers for my Golf... :lol:

1 - 20 of 38 Posts