Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi there, this is an awesome and very helpful site, please if anyone can tell me how do we replace the ventilation selector knob light of the alfa gtv spider. thanks

·
Registered
4,627 Posts
Phase 1 or 2/3?

In both cases you have to remove the centre console and the heater control /radio/minor instrument panel.

If it's a phase 2 or 3, the information you need is in this thread :
http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa-gtv-and-916-spider/156185-how-to-guide-phase-ii-iii-centre-console-removal.html

It even shows the bulb!

If it's phase 1 :

Remove centre console ( 1 allen bolt under headlamp adjuster, 1 under mirror adjuster, 1 screw either side behind the carpeted side panels.
Pull out the face level vents and undo the two allen screws
Undo the two screws at the bottom ( normally covered by the centre console )
Pull off the 3 heater knobs
Undo the two very small screws behind the knobs
Remove the radio ( do you have the codes? If not try and get by with the radio attached )
On the rear of the heater controls still attached to the panel, you'll see a yellow/black wire going to the two bulb holders.

·
Registered
447 Posts
I need to do this on my P1 as well and was thinking of refurbing at the same time (got that horrible tacky soft stuff all over the console). Any idea what bulbs they are so I can pre-order before demolishing my dash?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hi everyone, please if anyone can show me how i connect the wiring of my new stereo to 2001 alfa spider. thank you

·
Registered
10,594 Posts
hi everyone, please if anyone can show me how i connect the wiring of my new stereo to 2001 alfa spider. thank you
Welcome to AO rageds, most decent car audio shops should be able to supply the correct 'link blocks' for you stereo to plug straight into the spider wiring and blocks..:cool:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts