Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys did nyone ever had any problems fitting ragazzon exhaust system ? Not long ago I bought used quad exhaust system for my 156gta and to my surprise it doesn't fit how it supposed to. At least not as good as my old scorpion exhaust. I visited my local exhaust shop and I asked them to have look at it, and this fella said that he used to have few costumers that wanted their ragazzon exhaust fitted to their Alfas and they were exactly the same as mine. He says it is an nightmare job to do and all ragazzon exhaust used or new are badly shaped. He says he probably will have to cut the the exhaust and re shape it reweld it to fit my car.
Is that all truth about the ragazzon ? Or maybe ragazzon exhaust is shaped up exhaxtly to one specific car ?

Wysłane z iPhone za pomocą Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
45,193 Posts
To be honest I find quite a lot of aftermarket exhausts hard to fit. Its not unusual to have to heat up hanger brackets with the oxy torch to re-shape them or slice 90% through a pipe so a bend angle can be increased or decreased slightly, then welded back up. I bought stainless steel welding wire for my workshop MIG for this purpose. Most large manufacturers have many different members of staff making exhausts from jigs, if a jig is dropped or damaged then all the exhausts that come out of it will be slightly out of shape. Or maybe just one fabricator has a slightly bad day and doesn't make the exhaust fit the jig very well. Its easy to see how it can happen.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts